CoE questions plz help

Hello there,

can anyone answer a few questions for me:

1) My children study in Bangkok. We have the visas. I am told i need a 'declaration form' to attach with my CoE? What is this, and where is it?

2) If i go via Emirates, do i need a return flight?

3) If i go via Emirates, do i have to travel from London, or can it be from Manchester?

4) Is there anything i need to know regarding the insurance cover - some amateur mistakes that i should be aware off? I am travelling from the UK, so does the FCO advice make any difference? Also any links to those offering the insurance.

5) How long has people's process taken for the CoE?

6) Any places up north (north east area) that carry out the required Covid and fit to fly test?

Thanks !

Edited by Greghuntleyuk

I might be wrong, but my impression is that all the guys that buy their "own" tickets will lose out, and absolutely nothing will come out of it. There is NO commercial flights to Thailand so therefore nothing to book....I thought that it is the thai embassy that direct you to certain "repatriation-flights" and nobody else.

glegolo

Have been on this page of the embassy website? https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

There is link for declaration form on the page but it is broken, Contact the embassy about it.

You can only travel on the scheduled repatriation flights.

On 9/3/2020 at 11:47 PM, glegolo said:

I thought that it is the thai embassy that direct you to certain "repatriation-flights" and nobody else.

On 9/4/2020 at 1:12 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can only travel on the scheduled repatriation flights.

Transit flights like the Emirates one the OP is probably looking at (EK384 to Hong Kong) are now reportedly able to offload passengers in BKK, despite not being official repatriation flights.

There are also at least 3 KLM flights transit BKK with final destinations of KUL, MNL and HKG which look like they could be used, going by reports such as this.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/i-flew-out-of-thailand-to-get-a-new-visa-one-persons-experience-with-the-new-normal

The Dubai Thai Consulate confirms: Emirates Airline has been approved by the CAAT to operate commercial flights to Bangkok currently from the period of 1 September – 24 October 2020

https://dubai.thaiembassy.org/en/index

And last friday Thai London Embassy replied to me to say Emirates are flying and advised the same process that is shown on the dubai website.  I already got my visa and i had an ASQ booking for sept but didn't get a Thai Airways 'repatriation' flight and didn't trust the news i'd seen on twitter re Emirates.  But after some digging around and the above double confirmation by Thai Embassies, I don't doubt it.  Afterall, the number of ASQ rooms should be the bottleneck, not number of airline tickets. 

Looks like Emirates have talked common sense to the right people: if there is demand and enough hotel rooms.  It's not for tourists. You only get on the plane with the right paperwork, test, and COE from a Thai Embassy, so i'd guess if any risk, it could be with Emirates cancelling a particular flight if not enough tickets sold to make it commercially sensible.

I've emailed my visa, ASQ and flight confirmation to Thai London Embassy today - as they advised me - and hope that's that.

• Like 1

for your info, i had my visa in place a few wks ago.

on monday i booked flights with emirates and my ASQ hotel and emailed them to the special email address i was given by the london Thai embassy visa services section.

yesterday i got a response asking for remaining details - and given a link.  it was unclear what was needed since i though i'd followed the guidance.  so just threw everything at them, visa application docs, covid insurance, declaration.

within a few hours they replied with my COE