Can I go to any immigration office?

Hello TV

I am located in BKK onnut under tourist visa visa amnesty, I want to try to extend my visa for medical reasons. Can I go to the immigration office of samut prakan, or do I HAVE to go to chaeng watthana because I am registered in bangkok?

The location of the one at samut prakan looks way more convenient.

This has been ages ago so not sure it's still there, but the medical doctor who would check certificate, then do his own assessment before extensions could be granted was at the same room as the 90 days reporting.

When you get in the big hall, there are counters to get queue ticket in front of you. To get to medical certificate counter you'd turn right and go to the end, past the exit and right at the counter you'll see another room on the right side, parallel with the exit. The medical staff was at the left side just before seats of waiting room.

• Like 1

We are ringing CW this afternoon to find out what the current procedure is when applying with a medical certificate. 

If there are medical staff on hand to check the certificate and perform their own assessment of the applicant it may make things "interesting" for some...

Will post their answer after lunch today.

We just spoke to CW.

1. The certificate must come from a hospital, certificates from a clinic doctor are not accepted.

2. At CW there are no medical staff to check the certificate or the application.

3. You receive an "under consideration" stamp at the start and they send the application to head office for final approval. (2 visits required)

• Thanks 1

Note that the medical certificate also  has to certify that you are unable to travel and say why/for how long. A person walking into immigration on their own behalf with such a letter (and not on crutches/in a wheelchair) may raise some eyebrows.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Polarizing said:

Thanks! Are there by any chance reports for medical extensions out here you know of?

medical certificat must clearly mention that you not able to move or take a airplane.. the reason alone not go  hospital must confirm that you not able to use a transportation as airplane

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Polarizing said:

I am located in BKK onnut under tourist visa visa amnesty, I want to try to extend my visa for medical reasons. Can I go to the immigration office of samut prakan, or do I HAVE to go to chaeng watthana because I am registered in bangkok?

The location of the one at samut prakan looks way more convenient.

As UJ confirmed already when registered at the IO in Bangkok, CW is the IO where you need to apply for any immigration related services.

But being on a Tourist Visa (or Visa Exempt) relocating to another province is easy.  And might be useful when the IO in that other province is more accommodating than your present IO.

Just check in at a Hotel in that other province the night before.  Every Hotel has to file a TM-30 within 24 hours of a foreigner staying at their premises.  Just ask for a print-out of that TM-30 notification and go next day to the IO of that province with that TM-30 and do your application there.

6 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

We just spoke to CW.

1. The certificate must come from a hospital, certificates from a clinic doctor are not accepted.

2. At CW there are no medical staff to check the certificate or the application.

3. You receive an "under consideration" stamp at the start and they send the application to head office for final approval. (2 visits required)

Seems things changed, then. The guy in white that was giving a hard time to a farang I saw last time I did 90 days reporting was certainly in a white outfit and looked like a doctor. For many this may be a relief.

23 hours ago, Polarizing said:

went there today and no succes, i had med cert from clinic, it needs to be from hospital.
Also 90 day reports and Tr visa extensions are now (temporary?) done at the opposite of muang thong united fc
second and third floor.

You went to CW by yourself with a certificate saying you're not fit to fly under any circumstances? What "illness" did you use?