The Beautiful Beaches on Phuket (With nobody on them)

Thailand Explore

Screenshot_2020-09-08 phuket-beaches jpeg (ภาพ JPEG, 1024 × 577 พิกเซล).png

For any Expat lucky enough to be in Thailand at the moment, this is the time to explore the beaches of Phuket and have these stunning coastlines all to yourself.

Phuket is currently a shell of itself with the International borders closed and it’s painful to see. Everywhere is quiet – very quiet – from hotels, restaurants to beaches.

I must admit I had not really ever paid much attention to Phuket as a destination in Thailand and in my 15 years of living here had visit the region on 2 or 3 times. This time round I made more of an effort to look around and I was impressed.

To read the rest of this blog by Dan about Thailand visit https://danaboutthailand.com/2020/09/05/the-beautiful-beaches-on-phuket-with-nobody-on-them/

33 minutes ago, Expat Explore said:

This time round I made more of an effort to look around and I was impressed.

sure, no Chinese and/or other tourists around it all looks great, nature has healed itself, endangered species are back, until when that's the question

• Like 2

The scenery and the various path ways (roads) to get around the island is great. It's the people that bring the island down in more way than one person can count. I lived there for two years, and it was always a nightmare to find any sort of parking, as the tuk tuk / taxi would take over all available parking slots, that they could. When you could find a parking slot, the same tuk tuk / taxi would follow you from any location which you needed to walk from to get to your actual location, which was usually a considerable distance, since the parking would almost always be taken,  and not by citizens transportation either. The public sector were wise enough to do so, to discourage others from taking their own transportation. Then there was the dual pricing, and locals attitude towards tourist or expats alike, which would somehow always have a way in bring down the good vibes you left your home with. I found myself only being able to logically manage to get one thing done per day, reasonably within the public sector, if I tried to do more errands in a single day, then traffic, police, or the tuk tuk / taxi would have a way of slowing down my goals. The island is getting a taste of what it deserves and internally asked for through their personality, and approach toward visitors. Some locals might claim differently, but that is most likely because they have an invested interest in not seeing posts that are negatively placed with regards to the island. The truth is, enjoy it while you have it all to yourself, and are not trying to reside there, for if either of those factor change, you shall see, what you view now as appealing will soon change to something far different, leaving you wondering where the magic of the island went? Safe travels...

• Like 1

I think Phuket has the best beaches in Thailand. But coming from Australia they are only average.

I guess I am used to good waves, clean water and sand, no crowds and a natural setting. Having said that, Thailand has plenty of other attractions. I can't imagine many Australians come to Thailand for the beaches.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

I think Phuket has the best beaches in Thailand. But coming from Australia they are only average.

I guess I am used to good waves, clean water and sand, no crowds and a natural setting. Having said that, Thailand has plenty of other attractions. I can't imagine many Australians come to Thailand for the beaches.

I'm a Brit living in Thailand with my sister living in Perth Aus.

Like you say most Aussies don't come here for the beaches, just a one-off look around for curiosity. 

She tends to holiday in Bali as the flights are easy & cheap. 

I hadn't seen her for a few years so one year she booked Phuket and we met up, she hated it... the rip-offs, general cost etc etc she said she wouldn't be back again,

Bali was the place for her and friends, we've met down there since I I totally agree, great holiday, super atmosphere and prices are great... 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

The worst type of thais live in Phuket. Absolutely the most terrible aggressive attitude. One will see if they now will change their ways having learnt that tourists are valuable to their back pocket. I hope they wake up to themselves

I agree with you. But, they may have got that bad attitude from dealing with some of the worst low class and badly behaved farang tourist every day for many years.  

• Like 1