I have a duel Sim phone and one Sim failed to work when needed

sometime

Time to send an SMS from my UK GiffGaff SIM to keep Sim active,but it failed to send several times, checked all the settings on the phone all OK

So I thought send an SMS from TrueH to my UK Giffgaff SIM but the messages  came back from my GiffGaff number invalid keyword.

After  spending so much time and getting nowhere I took out the SIM gave it a clean put it back and it worked

A little info if you have the same problem

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

How did you get your giffgaff sim? you bring over or get someone to send it? @sometime

I'm just getting a friend to send one over, I've activated, but I've asked him to try and use first before sending. 

With ASDA mobile it has to be used in the UK first before coming to Thailand

Giffgaff website will send them to you, just fill in your name and Thai address.

https://www.giffgaff.com/freesim-international

Edited by BritManToo

On 9/12/2020 at 6:23 PM, scubascuba3 said:

How did you get your giffgaff sim? you bring over or get someone to send it? @sometime

I'm just getting a friend to send one over, I've activated, but I've asked him to try and use first before sending. 

With ASDA mobile it has to be used in the UK first before coming to Thailand

They don’t have to be activated in the U.K., when I came to do my 6 month SMS to keep my sim alive I couldn’t find it anywhere, finally assumed I had lost it when changing sims en route from the U.K..

I had a couple of unused sims , probably about 3 years old, popped one in and was able to transfer my old number and balance to it, great service !!