Sonic Bomb

roger101

I know it's not really a health problem but I need to buy a Loud Vibrating Pad Alarm Clock, and I thought this was probably the best forum to ask.

I have at the moment (well until this morning) a working Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock. After many years of service it's  finally packed up. When I bought it it was reckoned to be the loudest one in the world.

After checking on the net I can only find ones imported from the USA at a cost of $76 plus of course what ever the nice people at Customs decide.

So does anyone here know of a source for something similar here, where I am not going to pay customs duty. The Vibrating Pad is much more useful to me as my hearing is that bad I sometimes dont hear the alarm (113 Decibels). I live in Pattaya but don't mind going to Bangkok if I can get one there.

Thanks

I don't have the answer you are seeking.  However, I am also hearing impaired and have used smart watch that I wear for my vibrating alarm for many years.  I used to have Pebble watches which had a very strong vibration but the company was sold to Fitbit.  Now I wear Amazfit GTS watch with around 2 weeks battery life and decent vibration.  This option is slightly more expensive than your Sonic Bomb option though.

6 hours ago, roger101 said:

Well I finally bit the bullet. I ordered though Ubuy. 2,500 Baht.

I now wait to see what those (deleted) nice people at customs do.

I'm very curious to see how this turns out.  I theoretically know what that website does but am curious if it really works as designed and don't know anyone who has used it.

There is one statement on website FAQ that worrisome.

In rare cases, a shipment can be stuck in customs and there is a need for declaration or additional documents from you. If you are failed to provide the requested declaration or additional documents then we will not be able to offer any refund from our side because the shipment will be confiscated by the customs authorities.