Sending A Package To The States

daveh

What is the best way to ship a package to the United States? Buy best, I mean something that is reasonably priced, but not neccessarily the cheapest, and something that is reliable. Other concerns are time of delivery, but that is not the most important, and package tracking.

Besides going to the post office, what are my options? Actually, is using the post office a bad idea? How much would it cost to send about 10kg using various companies?

FedEx is probably the most reliable courier service to the US, but frankly, unless what you are sending is valuable and time sensitive, I wouldn't waste the money.

I've used International Express Mail Service (EMS) from Bangkok to the US on many, many occasions and never had a problem. It is much cheaper and usually delivery time from here to the east coast is no more than a week. FedEx only beats that by a couple of days. Of course, you can track a FedEx shipment on the web and take comfort from knowing exactly where it is and when it is arriving, and that may very well be worth the extra cost to you.

Just call FedEx locally to get price and delivery quotes, then get an EMS quotation at the post office. Then you will be in a reasonable position to decide what makes the most sense for you.