Let's Compare Prices Of Basic Needs

chevykanteve

OK, this is my idea for a new thread that will either go up like gangbusters or shrivel into the emptiness of nothingness.

Now, lets compare prices for basic needs. I'll start:

BASIC NEEDS EXAMPLES AS FOLLOWS:

1. Monthly electricty bill: 800 to 1300 baht per month. It's 1300 maximum if AC is on all night every night.

2. Potatoes: 35-40 baht per kilogram in talad Phontong.

3. Monthly water bill: 40-60 baht per month maximum.

4. Monthly garbage bill: 20 baht per month (fixed). Usually pay two months at a time (=40 baht).

5. Fried rice + chicken or pork from a stall restaurant: 20 baht

6. Beer Archa: 4 bottles for 100 baht

7. Papaya salad (somtam): 10 to 15 baht.

Your turn! You don't have to list the same items I did. List what you want. And if you're overseas, the comparisons for things like utility bills will, I'm sure, be interesting.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3. Monthly water bill: 40-60 baht per month maximum.

Do you ever take a bath?

Great reply; I love it! In other words, you think it's cheap, right? Well, so do I. I and my wife, 3 children and the MOTH.... excuse me..... mother-in-law. Five people. And everyone bathes daily (NOT together, if that was to be your clever comeback! --Just kidding.).

And if you're overseas, the comparisons for things like utility bills will, I'm sure, be interesting.

In Saudi I get a full tank of diesel for my pick-up for 150 baht or 2.5 baht/liter.

how do u get on the internet? looks like it's free in roi-et

telephone charges seem to be free of cost too

as is transportation, tv and lots of other things.

gee i will move to roi-et soon. NOT.

Edited by oooooo

And if you're overseas, the comparisons for things like utility bills will, I'm sure, be interesting.

In Saudi I get a full tank of diesel for my pick-up for 150 baht or 2.5 baht/liter.

Yeah, I remember it was very cheap when I used to work there, 21 years ago (al-Hoty Establishment as contractors to ARAMCO: Are they still around??? I'm curious.).

Yeah, I remember it was very cheap when I used to work there, 21 years ago (al-Hoty Establishment as contractors to ARAMCO: Are they still around??? I'm curious.).

Al-Hoty is still here, mostly involved in inspection and such for Aramco and Sabic affiliates.

Al-Hoty is still here, mostly involved in inspection and such for Aramco and Sabic affiliates.

They were justing into that sort of thing on a big scale shortly after I left. How about TMSI? They still around? And monthly salary of Grade Code 11 was back then about 41,500 dollars per year and GC12 at 46,000. Have those numbers changed much??

That's for the response. Pretty logical stuff.

u ever have a night out?

They were justing into that sort of thing on a big scale shortly after I left. How about TMSI? They still around? And monthly salary of Grade Code 11 was back then about 41,500 dollars per year and GC12 at 46,000. Have those numbers changed much??

If TMSI stands for TIG-Masoneilan then yes they're still around. Regarding grade code salaries I don't have a clue since I'm a poorly paid contractor and not aramcon :o. I will ask around though.

That's for the response. Pretty logical stuff.

u ever have a night out?

I guess not, TROLL. Have you ever gotten a life? I mean, besides trolling? What's the matter... the women out there not interested in you??

If TMSI stands for TIG-Masoneilan then yes they're still around. Regarding grade code salaries I don't have a clue since I'm a poorly paid contractor and not aramcon :o. I will ask around though.

No, at the time it stood for Technical Manpower Management Services, or something to that effect. I also was not an ARAMCON, but a contractor for al-Hoty. I lived in North Camp, Dhahran and subsequently in an apartment in al-Khobar. Spent four years there.

No, at the time it stood for Technical Manpower Management Services, or something to that effect. I also was not an ARAMCON, but a contractor for al-Hoty. I lived in North Camp, Dhahran and subsequently in an apartment in al-Khobar. Spent four years there.

Sorry but never heard of them. Must've been before my time, I'm in Saudi since 1992.

Sorry but never heard of them. Must've been before my time, I'm in Saudi since 1992.

I left in 1985 or 86. Wow, you have held out there a long time. Congratulations!

I left in 1985 or 86. Wow, you have held out there a long time. Congratulations!

Maybe to long. Not suitable to work any other place anymore :o

when i worked there (1975-1979) most of the petrol pumps had counters that did not work. filling up was 10 riyal whether it was 5 or 50 liters. that also included the tip for the yemeni attendant.

Yeah, but if you've saved enough it doesn't really matter. You'll probably retire to your yacht in Sausalito or, conceivably, your condo on the French coast.

Yeah, but if you've saved enough it doesn't really matter. You'll probably retire to your yacht in Sausalito or, conceivably, your condo on the French coast.

Not really my style. I'll be happy in Bangkok sipping sangsom soda :D

I and my wife, 3 children and the MOTH.... excuse me..... mother-in-law. Five people.

i guess my calculator is needed for this operation.

i dont even wanna start figuring out who the troll is here.

Hey, you can count. How about that! And you spent almost an hour reading and re-reading this thread before you could come up with that brilliant bit of petty you-know-what. GET A LIFE.

oh my calculator just powered up again

and i am happy to inform u that:

I and my wife, 3 children and the MOTH.... excuse me..... mother-in-law. Five people.

guess what? equals SIX people

maybe something wrong with the thing. i'll slap it around a bit and we'll see what happens

maybe something wrong with the thing. i'll slap it around a bit and we'll see what happens

Are you for real? Come on now. Tell us all the truth! Your fourteen or sixteen?? Or maybe a frustrated drunk with nothing better to do who's sixty and going on sixteen due to senility? Try that on your calculator.

Are you for real? Come on now. Tell us all the truth! Your fourteen or sixteen?? Or maybe a frustrated drunk with nothing better to do who's sixty and going on sixteen due to senility? Try that on your calculator.

ok i will do the calculation again

on my calculator it still says it's SIX and not FIVE people.

may be ur calculator's firmware needs to be updated.

Edited by oooooo

ok i will do the calculation again

on my calculator it still says it's SIX and not FIVE people.

may be ur calculators firmware needs to be updated.

ooga booga

Oh My, it didn't take long for this thread to get completely off topic :o

Yes. And I now request..... no... BEG..the moderators to please delete this bloody thread. I wish I had never started it. It was a bad idea. I admit it now. I'll do whatever you want, but just please DELETE IT ALL!

And having said that, good night gentleman! I'm now going to turn off this computer, put on a movie and slowly ease my way into dreamsville.

ADIOS AMIGOS!