Where to Buy Very Cheap Rice? (to give to dogs)

mal129

We take care of 9 dogs. We mix dog food and rice to keep costs down, but we go through it fairly quick. Currently we're using the cheapest rice found at Makro or Tesco, usually 15-18 baht per kilo. Anywhere that I can get it cheaper? Perhaps somewhere I can buy rice that is not suitable to be sold in stores?  Thanks for any suggestions.

Try buy some place "broken rice" that normaly most cheap! Watch local rice dealer not from Makro!

If grain is broken many people don't want eat that coz not yummy ( they say even same rice)! 

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Try buy some place "broken rice" that normaly most cheap! Watch local rice dealer not from Makro!

If grain is broken many people don't want eat that coz not yummy ( they say even same rice)! 

Thanks, we asked the rice vendor at the market and they said he didn't know. I think he know, but wanted us to buy his rice, which we did because we needed it at the time. We'll try some other vendors, thanks.

We buy chicken carcass at Makro for our  dogs at about the same price as you pay for rice.

Maybe you live in a big town but in this rural area we can easily find shops with at least 6 different grades of rice, we sell our first class quality Hom mali for ฿14 -15. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 8:18 AM, 2 is 1 said:

Do you have a rice mill near you, I buy broken rice for 15baht/kg from our local rice mill.

Wife says you can buy it at some local shops.

Broken rice in Thai is Bie-Khow

21 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Would that be Blie Khow?  I also saw it labeled as Khow Hock. 

Blie Khow /Bie Khow or ปรายขาัว in Thai  or ขาัวทอนั  Khow Thon in Thai,a new one for me ,come from the wife . 

Do you mean Khow Hack ,that would be a direct translation of  broken rice .

Here's hoping "take care" means more than feeding the cheapest rice. Sterilisation, vaccination, keeping them off public property except when walked on a leash; cleaning up their poo on public property etc. Everything that a responsible dog owner in a civilised country would be required to do.

Edited by Keesters

On 9/12/2020 at 9:06 AM, mal129 said:

Thanks, we asked the rice vendor at the market and they said he didn't know. I think he know, but wanted us to buy his rice, which we did because we needed it at the time. We'll try some other vendors, thanks.

If you live near a rice mill, go in and ask them for broken rice, mill near me sells it at 8 baht a kilo.

• Like 1