Mae La Noi Planned To Be Developed As Hub Of Seafood Distribution

Jai Dee

Mae La Noi planned to be developed as hub of seafood distribution

Mae La Noi Mayor Suraphon Santichotinan (สุรพล สันติโชตินันต์) in Mae Hong Son province is preparing to develop Mae La Noi as a hub of seafood distributors to other provinces.

The Mae La Noi Mayor says he will cooperate with Myanmar merchants to bring seafood from their countries and sell it in the Mae La Noi. He plans he will develop Mae La Noi as hub of seafood distributor like Mae Sod district in Tak province.

Mr. Suraphon says conditions of Mae La Noi are more appropriate than other districts in Mae Hong Son because the location is only 40 kilometers away from the border trade market.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 28 April 2007

Mae La Noi Mayor Suraphon Santichotinan (สุรพล สันติโชตินันต์) in Mae Hong Son province is preparing to develop Mae La Noi as a hub of seafood distributors to other provinces.

This is another one of those pipedreams that has nonsense written all over it right from the get-go. Amphoe Mae La Noi is comparatively out in the middle of nowhere. It lacks good, fast road access to anywhere that seafood would need to be distributed. Mae Sot works as a distribution point as it's not all that far from Highway 1, the major north-south pipeline serving Thailand.

Yeah this really is a weird to me.

I cant figure out the "40 kilometers away from the border trade market" bit as I dont recall any roads that go west from Mae La Noi all the way to the border.

But as the crow flies it is only about 35 kms to the Salawin river & the border, so perhaps there is something going on there that we dont know about.

Or perhaps they just need the money to build the road to the border & then help themselves.

Now I also wonder if any of this is related to the dams being built on the Salawin river & new acess for the dam construction?...

Still it's a wild one & reminds me of the proposal for the tunnel from MHS to Wat Chan.

So probably never happen

Looking on my maps, it appears to be about 300 Km from the nearest sea. That might impede its designation as a sea-food hub. :o

SR ... Air Drops, Air Drops, and what they cannot find after a drop , will become the new distrubution Hub for Pla Rah.... If they cannot find it after a drop, they will surely find in in a few days in the accelerated Pla rah with the Accelerated Sun Assisted Fermentation Program.. :D Issan West

Or perhaps they just need the money to build the road to the border & then help themselves.

I'm sure that this scheme is basically about getting money out of the gov't coffers for one thing or another.

Admittedly it has been many years since I last visited that area, but as I remember those somewhat remote districts were already staffed by bureaucrats who had been caught with their hands in the cookie jar and been exiled there for not sharing.

Looking on my maps, it appears to be about 300 Km from the nearest sea. That might impede its designation as a sea-food hub. :o

SR ... Air Drops, Air Drops, and what they cannot find after a drop , will become the new distrubution Hub for Pla Rah.... If they cannot find it after a drop, they will surely find in in a few days in the accelerated Pla rah with the Accelerated Sun Assisted Fermentation Program.. :D Issan West

Ahhh... dropping them from the air would be their solution.

My solution is to bring an extremely sturdy umbrella next time I visit Mae La Noi:

RainingFish.jpg

I'm sure that this scheme is basically about getting money out of the gov't coffers for one thing or another.

Admittedly it has been many years since I last visited that area, but as I remember those somewhat remote districts were already staffed by bureaucrats who had been caught with their hands in the cookie jar and been exiled there for not sharing.

And perhaps now they have run out of cookies? :o