Waiting time for ASQ (Elite)

I think the previous announcement about Elite holders still stands and they are going to be allowed in subject to a cap of 250 per month. I have my approval letter but was waiting for the announcement to be implemented and also to see what other arrangements might be announced. Now we have an announcement of a 9 month visa at a fraction of the price of Elite membership, subject to a cap of 1200 per month.

Does anybody have any idea how many Elite holders there are out there, or how many of them are likely to be in Thailand already? I'm just trying to gauge how long the waiting list is likely to be.

The 9 month visa sounds like a lottery but unless I can be sure of getting in within a couple of months with the Elite, it's hard to justify parting with the cash. Also, that 1200 limit will be based on ASQ places, which can be scaled up quite easily.

The Thailand Elite Visa Entry isn't for NEW members anyway so it doesn't make any sense for you to pay for a membership now. Throw that approval letter in the bin!

Your best bet is to go for the 90 Days (x3) Visa Option announced today and see how they place you for the quarantine. I'd get in touch with the local consulate/embassy to get on it as soon as this option is available.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FlyingThai said:

Your best bet is to go for the 90 Days (x3) Visa Option announced today

I wouldn't call this your best bet yet.  Wait until they announce the details.  It may only be for people from a select few countries with very low covid numbers. 

19 minutes ago, alyx said:

There is no such a thing as a cap of 250 members 

I've heard different things on that (also on whether new members can enter). I don't think the scheme's in operation at all yet, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. In reality there is an overall cap because there are only so many ASQ places.

I would bet against the new scheme being limited to certain countries but you never know.