Please advise for insurance to get back into thailand

hi , 

i would like know after i get my marriage visa done in my country , 

what type of insurance is needed to get back into Thailand ? I will getting 1 year marriage visa

will i need to have insurance for 1 year ? or just a few months ?

appreciate any info . 

When applying for a single or multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage you would only get a 90 day entry when you arrive in the country. You would only need the insurance with $100,000 of coverage that includes covid 19 for those 90 days to apply for a certificate of entry.

When you apply for a one year extension at immigration you would not need insurance.

hi UJ

i have an 81 yo friend stranded in perth australia whose only way of getting back to his condo in pattaya where he has lived last 10 years appears to be the special long stay visa being mooted, but with his age and pacemaker heart condition i can see insurance certificate problems.

whats your take on his situation? (he is not eligible for certificate of entry regardless of insurance certificate) 

20 minutes ago, Bvor said:

i have an 81 yo friend stranded in perth australia whose only way of getting back to his condo in pattaya where he has lived last 10 years appears to be the special long stay visa being mooted, but with his age and pacemaker heart condition i can see insurance certificate problems.

whats your take on his situation? (he is not eligible for certificate of entry regardless of insurance certificate) 

If they start allowing those on OA visas and extensions based upon retirement they may also be an option for him.

It might be possible to find travel insurance for a short that would be accepted or there may be companies in Australia that would issue a policy that would only covers only covid 19.

thx UJ

i reckon the health insurance is going to be his biggest problem and he may be marooned in oz permanently.

cost of maintaining insurance (never done before - has money in bank) and of negotiating all the entry hoops on the age pension is not easy.

many oz travel insurance companies are currently in freeze mode cos of oz gov't travel warnings/restrictions.

1 hour ago, Bvor said:

i reckon the health insurance is going to be his biggest problem and he may be marooned in oz permanently.

If they start allowing retirees in with a certificate of entry he should check with the embassy in OZ about it.

The insurance requirement may go away or be reduced later after things get back to normal.