"Under Consideration" stamp for Sept 26 changed next day to Oct 26??

Hello I'm looking for help, perhaps Ubon Joe might know something?? I went to Surat Thani immigration on Sept 9 to apply for a visa extension with embassy letter and was given an under consideration stamp to return on Sept 26. I went back to immigration the following day to simply ask if I could return before Sept 26 as that's the last day of the amnesty and didn't want to go then just in case the extension didn't get approved plus to avoid the crowds on that day. When I asked the officer and showed her my passport she said she was going to change the date and she crossed out the Sept 26 and put in Oct 26 instead. Now I'm confused as to what I should do? If the amnesty is over as of Sept 27 and without a permission to stay stamp I should be in overstay from that day in theory right? But my stamp says to return on October 26? Please help anyone that knows anything. Thanks. Also I entered Thailand in October on a METV and paid for 1 extension for April 17-May 17 but the amnesty would have covered that period so I just wasted money. Pictures attached. 

20200917_155637.jpg

20200917_155750.jpg

5 minutes ago, Salami Sam said:

she said she was going to change the date and she crossed out the Sept 26 and put in Oct 26 instead.

This month head office instructed all VISA permission to stay extensions are to start on 27th September.

She has merely corrected your stamp to comply with the instructions of her head office.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay in the country until the extension is approved.

You will not be on a overstay after the 26th of this month. 

But when should I return to get my actual "permitted to stay until" stamp? And when can I expect that stamp to be valid through?

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This month head office instructed all VISA permission to stay extensions are to start on 27th September.

She has merely corrected your stamp to comply with the instructions of her head office.

But my stamp isn't a "permission to stay until Oct 26" stamp. It says under consideration and to return on Oct 26?

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I do not think that is the case here, unless the official was hung over, and changed the stamp on the assumption that it was an extension stamp and not an under consideration stamp. Regardless, it is a weird situation. The OP has no reason to leave until October 26, at which time he may or may not get a confirmed permission to stay until October 26!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Salami Sam said:

But when should I return to get my actual "permitted to stay until" stamp? And when can I expect that stamp to be valid through?

You could go back earlier or call them to see it the approval is done. I think she stamped the wrong date on it.

I have seen a under consideration stamp that were dated October 15th.

Your permit to stay stamp will be the 26th of October. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could go back earlier or call them to see it the approval is done. I think she stamped the wrong date on it.

I have seen a under consideration stamp that were dated October 15th.

Your permit to stay stamp will be the 26th of October. 

Ok I guess I'll just have to go back and see after 2 weeks has passed as that seems to be the length required for most under consideration stamps to be changed to a permitted to stay stamp. She said to return in October and I would get a 30 day extension from that date which is Oct 26 but I'm guessing that would be too good to be true and that something was probably lost in translation. 

7 hours ago, Salami Sam said:

Ok I guess I'll just have to go back and see after 2 weeks has passed as that seems to be the length required for most under consideration stamps to be changed to a permitted to stay stamp. She said to return in October and I would get a 30 day extension from that date which is Oct 26 but I'm guessing that would be too good to be true and that something was probably lost in translation. 

Did you ask them right after they gave you back your passport? You should ask them if you have any questions or dont understand what they say (sometime they speak Thai + eng.....)

40 minutes ago, hibyebkk said:

Did you ask them right after they gave you back your passport? You should ask them if you have any questions or dont understand what they say (sometime they speak Thai + eng.....)

Yes I asked, multiple times. Like I said she told me to come back on the date stamped in October to get stamped for another 30 days. But it doesn't make much sense to have me come in on Oct 26 if I'm only valid to Oct 26. Surely there must be a mistake of some sort. 

Sounds like you are all good until October 26th, then they'll give you another 30 days from October 26th. If you've applied for the extension and have the "under consideration" stamp then you can legally stay till the "until" date you are told to go back for an update. You did ask, and they did say so.

10 hours ago, Salami Sam said:

Yes I asked, multiple times. Like I said she told me to come back on the date stamped in October to get stamped for another 30 days. But it doesn't make much sense to have me come in on Oct 26 if I'm only valid to Oct 26. Surely there must be a mistake of some sort. 

just wonder why they crossed out the Sept 26 ......... it make thing confused 
in my case, they told me i have to go there again on 29Sep ( i went there on 16 Sep ) and they will give me the other stamp, sounds make sense