Why is the employer's name written on the non b?

Does this mean that I can only begin work for this employer, and if the job doesn't come to fruition I need to apply for a new non b with a new employer? Or can the new employer obtain a work permit and use it to extend my non b with a different employer's name on it?

They put the company name on the visa because they are aware that some people just get the visa to go job hunting after they enter the country.

You could use your non-b visa to work for another company if you got permission from the one that supported your application.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could use your non-b visa to work for another company if you got permission from the one that supported your application.

Thank you. You mean a letter? I doubt that would be possible, as they were very unsympathetic that I was unable to begin work a few weeks ago due to a heart attack, and I doubt they'll welcome hearing from me again with a request for a letter.

I'm on the mend now and hoping to begin applying for jobs elsewhere next month.

I got that too, at one of my first jobs out in the provinces. The name of the school was scribbled in Thai right on the visa stamp. The IO showed it to me and pointed at it. He said “This visa, your school only. You change school, new visa!” Guess they had problems with blokes jumping ship.

1 hour ago, Promula said:

You mean a letter?

Yes

1 hour ago, Promula said:

I doubt that would be possible, as they were very unsympathetic that I was unable to begin work a few weeks ago due to a heart attack, and I doubt they'll welcome hearing from me again with a request for a letter.

Immigration and the work permit office might accept proof you could not start work due you being under medical care.

• Like 1

Good Luck @Promula Sad to read about your heart attack, but good you're on the mend. Even though your original sponsor was not 'happy' with you doesn't mean they won't sign a letter to release you from the visa 'B' obligation. You might have to write the letter yourself and get it translated or you might ask the new employer to do so and you would take it to the old.