Conversion/1st report within 45 days?

Hello, just moved back and entered 31 August on ME Non-O family/spouse (I lived here years ago on a Ed visa, so much different now). I originally planned to exit/reenter (Currently not a good plan) or go to CW every 85 days or so.  I assumed, just go CW late November and report/extend.  Wife now informs me that I have to go within first 45 days for first report/conversion (Extension) or will only have the option to leave/reenter at 90 days.  I have read a few comments alluding to such as well, but can anyone clarify? 

Also, would it be better and would it be harder to get the extension based Solely on our child? 

Thank you!

How did you enter Thailand in August? On a repatriation flight including quarantine? 

You normally apply for the 1 year extension 60 days into your 90 days Non-immigrant O. 

It's the same amount of money 400k (in a Thai bank account 2 months prior to the application) for an extension based on marriage or having a kid. The paperwork is almost the same, marriage certificate vs birth certificate. 

• Like 1