where to swim

opalred

anywhere from the Hilton south to the golden Buddha at the monkey mountain.

this would be for HH area. otherwise go south as others have suggested.

Sanae Beach Beach south of HH is a good beach. no walking and very steep and deep fast.

the high and low tides have a dramatic affect on the beach in HH, from having to walk out about 50m to there being no sand at all up to a seawall depending on where you are.

I would get a tide application for your phone so you can know what to expect. 

also look for jelly fish dead on the beach, they are typical 12" to 18" in diameter and this will let you know if they are in the water. they come and go. 

after a big rain storm like we just had, i would stay out of the water for a few days. 

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i have tried most places around Thailand and it is very hard to find a beach where you can swim every day 

tide goes out / walk a mile into the water to swim / i would have lived  on the coast there years ago /but every time went there  for swim/ low water /i notice in center of huahin a great beach /but expensive places on beachfront/  any there have discounts cheers allan

On 9/28/2020 at 6:49 PM, opalred said:

i have tried most places around Thailand and it is very hard to find a beach where you can swim every day 

tide goes out / walk a mile into the water to swim / i would have lived  on the coast there years ago /but every time went there  for swim/ low water /i notice in center of huahin a great beach /but expensive places on beachfront/  any there have discounts cheers allan

Soi 67 is kind of budget luxury...Some good options at Market Village an easy walk, but overall the dining scene doesn't do much for me.  I spent lots of time in the water last week...jelly fish are out, but mostly avoidable.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You may get more useful advice if you advise your definition of soon.

Just spent 10 days there and all beaches were fine. Weather was a bit damp and somewhat cool.

No problem getting into any open restaurant of your choice. Both Irish pubs had no Guinness and scant resources of much that you would visit an Irish pub for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, opalred said:

thanks to all/ got on the 40%off deal with hilton /so hope jellyfish stay away for a week  thanks allan

What does that equal to per night?  Heard a lot of stories about the discounts.. TiT. 

12 minutes ago, opalred said:

most hotels and resorts doing it the govt pay 40%off price but ends end of month 

i got 1300b with breakfast 

Excellent...I have been paying 320 at AB Hotel on soi 67, which has been perfectly adequate, and they are great about towels for the beach, housekeeping, etc..  It's not the Hilton, though.  Jellyfish situation can change by the day.  Done three trips each to Jomtien and HH, this year..still can't decide, which is best.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2020 at 9:28 PM, JAS21 said:

As an aside we are using the government scheme 40% off the price of the room and food! Quite a cheap weeks holiday.

How does that work? 

The missus has to book it in her name or....? 

20 minutes ago, djayz said:

How does that work? 

The missus has to book it in her name or....? 

Yes, she has to register. As far as I know the scheme has been extended until the end of the year.

I can't remember, or actually didn't understand how it works, left it to my wife. But get your wife to phone the hotel and see if they are registered, if so they will explain to her what to do. You have to book and pay at least three days in advance ... no refunds. You are supposed to be able to pay by Credit Card(mine) but failed every time and had to pay by online bank transfer (mine) but if you wife has online banking she can. My wife now has online banking......

If I recall correctly during the week you are allowed 40% off the cost of your food up to a value of 900thb and at weekend up to 600thb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...