How can I apply for Certificate of Entry

Tim16

For the last 12/13 years I have been visiting my Thai GF on a 2 month cycle( 2 months in Thailand 2 months home in UK) Visiting on a Non -O visa based on receiving state pension. I have been home since March and am eager to get back to Thailand. We are not married so I don’t qualify for -C of E based on For family members of Thai nationals (spouse/children)

• I e-mailed the London Thai Embassy asking if they would consider my application for C of E based on me having

•  

• yellow book

• pink ID card

• Thai driving licence

They did not answer my question directly, just sent information how to apply for C of E.

The last condition on the e-mail

For holder of Certificate of Residence and family members

While Thailand still puts in place travel restriction, foreign nationals who hold Certificate of Residence (white book or blue book) can apply for the Certificate of Entry to go to Thailand.  

I assume this is for people who have permanent residency – not the Certificate of Residence you get from immigration for a driving licence. So it looks like I have to wait, unless anyone has any other idea how I could get C of E and get back to Thailand

I have registered interest in the Special Tourist Visa, waiting for more information.

In the e-mail they also confirm what another topic in this forum states -The list of airlines with flight permits to carry passengers to Thailand

Thai Airways International :

- EVA Air

- Emirates

- Etihad

- Qatar Airways

- Singapore Airlines

19 hours ago, Tim16 said:

For the last 12/13 years I have been visiting my Thai GF on a 2 month cycle( 2 months in Thailand 2 months home in UK) Visiting on a Non -O visa based on receiving state pension. I have been home since March and am eager to get back to Thailand. We are not married

You made a choice, the reasons for your choice is not relevant.

In the past your choice had little to no effect on your ability to travel.

Unfortunately that choice means that you have no current ability to continue in the way you have in the past, and for months or possibly years.

19 hours ago, Tim16 said:
  • yellow book

• pink ID card

• Thai driving licence

None of these are at all relevant to allowing for a CoE at the moment.

Unfortunately those wishing to return on a Non-Immigrant type O visa based on Retirement (or OA) do not qualify for the Certificate of Entry.

There is no logical reason why. Its outrageous and wholly wrong IMO. 

Hopefully the government will see fit to stop this ridiculous limit and start allowing those with clear ties to Thailand to return.

You are already holding a Visa (are you?), have Proof of Residence and an ID card - there is no logical reason at all to prevent your return. 

IMO: Keep trying...  but to avoid disappointment accept that you can’t get back until the MFA announce that retirees can return. 

An utterly ridiculous and unnecessary situation. 

I feel very frustrated when I see that Chinese tourists, with no ties to Thailand are being allowed back into Thailand. Has all to do with money!

My GF’s grand-daughter that she raised from a baby and I have known since she was a toddler has just started university. I treat her as if she was my daughter, and she thinks of me as her father. I am paying for all her university/education fees but am not allowed into Thailand. Just not fair.

• Sad 1