Farang kindergarten teacher suspended after alleged "for two finger neck" assault as Sarasas troubles widen

webfact

Scary times ahead for teachers. Smells like a witch hunt is about to start. I am just glad I haven't been teaching for the last 1.5 year.

Despite the fact that their are abusive teachers out there... my heartfelt sympathy goes out to the ones who are actually trying to survive in this world of spoiled children who don't take 'no' for an answer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, J Town said:

The term "oriental" has long ago been deemed offensive. From my understanding (Thai girlfriend from Sa Kaeo area), "farang" means anyone not connected to the Asian continent. Someone from India is not a farang, someone from the Philippines or Japan are farangs.

So India is not on the continent of Asia ?  Did you learn that at a Thai school or in Farangland ?

16 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

Lot of whining parents, taught in ten schools here never saw any of this, nor participated in it. 

Did you ever see a problem of false accusations against teachers or school officials? 

On 10/2/2020 at 8:36 AM, J Town said:

The term "oriental" has long ago been deemed offensive. From my understanding (Thai girlfriend from Sa Kaeo area), "farang" means anyone not connected to the Asian continent. Someone from India is not a farang, someone from the Philippines or Japan are farangs.

In true Thai fashion she contradicts herself, Japan & Philippines are definitely part of the Asian continent.

I always thought that a farang is a caucasian, for example negro or Arab people would not be deemed to be farangs.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 3:32 PM, phantomfiddler said:

I sense another pathetic attempt to smear the westerner, who somehow has managed to become the spreaders of Covid instead of the real culprits, the Chinese ! A very subtle piece of media spin, albeit disgusting ! I would be very surprised if a white Caucasian teacher were to behave in this fashion, refuse to believe it unless actual video shown. Abuse of children is a totally Asian domain !

And this (along with many others - Colinneal for example saying the parents smell money when they have specifically said they don't want money) is what is so wrong with the TVF mindset, it is disgraceful.    A "white caucasian" could not behave in this manner.  Really?????  How much of a white superiority complex have you got?  "Abuse of children is a totally Asian domain !".   How utterly racist and ignorant.  Abuse of children goes on all over the world.  

Always stick up for the foreigner, even when they have beaten their wives, thrown them off balconies -  "she was probably stealing / cheating / deserved it".

Say this was a Thai teacher and farang kids, no doubt you would all be sticking up for the teacher still?

How pathetic and sad.  Leading such a bitter little racist life.....

Edited by josephbloggs

13 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

And this (along with many others - Colinneal for example saying the parents smell money when they have specifically said they don't want money) is what is so wrong with the TVF mindset, it is disgraceful.    A "white caucasian" could not behave in this manner.  Really?????  How much of a white superiority complex have you got?  "Abuse of children is a totally Asian domain !".   How utterly racist and ignorant.  Abuse of children goes on all over the world.  

Always stick up for the foreigner, even when they have beaten their wives, thrown them off balconies -  "she was probably stealing / cheating / deserved it".

Say this was a Thai teacher and farang kids, no doubt you would all be sticking up for the teacher still?

How pathetic and sad.  Leading such a bitter little racist life.....

Pathetic and sad, yes you cant even spell my name correctly.

Just give it a few more days, then you will see the parents jumping on the band wagon, so they said the dont want money, ha, ha, ha, you believe that, well more fool you.

why be offended that we are called "farang" in Thailand.
Indeed it comes from the name Franc or Français, but the explanation is much longer, and that is not the subject.
So, a farang is a white man, whatever his country, his religion.
In Latin America, the whites are gringos.
In North Africa, the Arabs call the whites Roumis - Christian or European.
On the other hand, blacks are called Africans or Kahlouchs by these same Africans from North Africa.
FYI, the guava is a farang, in Thailand.

On 10/2/2020 at 8:15 AM, simon43 said:

When teaching younger students, it can be necessary to 'manhandle' them, but only as a means to guide them in the room, not to assault them. 

Manhandling by (Thai) teachers is very common in Thai schools. Few complaints.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

The leeches have smelled blood. What do they expect?  If you want red carpet treatment, go to a top international school. For 100k baht per year you get what you pay for. Still heaps better than govt schools I guess,  where even more abuse takes place. 

11 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Manhandling by (Thai) teachers is very common in Thai schools. Few complaints.

By 'manhandling', I meant gently guiding them around the room, change desks etc.  I did not use the word in the context of rough treatment. In Myanmar, I was instructed by my employees to act as both teacher and 'father' for my class of young kids. I treated them the same as I treat my own 4 kids.

You obviously taught in an elite school. The two most recent Myanmar schools I visited last year were lucky to have electricity. Cracked walls, and the lack of even a fan were more obvious concerns. No one had ever heard of a CCTV camera. 

I taught at various private schools in Yangon, Mandalay and Naypyitaw, and supported more than 3,000 'poor' kids at voluntary schools by purchasing the school-books that they needed.

Incidentally, it was a common event for some young students  - boys and girls - to be severely disciplined by their family members (usually grand-parents using a bamboo stick) if their school grades were not up to scratch) ????

Edited by simon43