Special Tour Train by TAT

rooster59

9 hours ago, Anna Rak said:

In the late 80's while working in Malaysia I travelled from K.L to Singapore by train, I must admit as it was quite cheap at the time I upgraded to first class, I found it a great experience and always promised myself that I would do Singapore to Bangkok one day when I retired and had the time.

I have never been on a train in Thailand yet but since reading that they have no beer onboard I don't think I will be taking the 3 day trip any time soon. ????

Not so straightforward these days, they stopped the Butterworth to Bangkok train about 4 years ago.

You have to travel on the Malaysian network to Pedang Besar and then change to the Thai network.(Electric to Diesel). Unfortunately there is no first class facility from PB so if you want first class you would need to travel to Hat Yai, either by bus or the train shuttle for the train to Bangkok.

As far as having a drink is concerned, if you are in a first class cabin who is to know. Last time I traveled a guy knocked on the door and asked if I wanted some beer, not necessary, already had my own.

On 10/4/2020 at 7:44 AM, Scot123 said:

Remember the ban brought in after a member of train staff got drunk/high and raped and murdered a young girl throwing her off the train!

The service on UK trains got pretty bad, too, after privatisation.