Insurance for O-A visa and C of E

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced health or travel Insurance (74year old male from UK) that would cover both the requirements for a Non-Immigrant Type O- A visa and the requirements for Certificate of Entry

Requirements for O- A (Long Stay) 1 Year/Multiple entries  - Copy of evidence stating that applicants have insurance as per stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and health insurance of Thailand which has insurance money for outpatient not less than 40,000 Baht and for inpatient not less than 400,000 Baht.

LMG Insurance

Requirements for Certificate of Entry during travel restriction

Copy of health insurance policy which covers COVID-19 related medical expenses in Thailand no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand

The LMG insurance seems to be the cheapest from the list of Participating Companies

supping insurance for Type O- A visa but does not cover requirements for Certificate of Entry which covers COVID-19.

I have had some quotes in the UK from travel insurance companies which cover for COVID-19.

£280 for annual multi-trip. But this only covers for max 60 days per trip

1 year long stay insurance range from £750 to over £2,000

I read on some forums about people cancelling their policies and getting refunds after they have entered Thailand. Would you risk doing that?

The long stay insurance 40000 out patient inpatient 400 000, does not have to be bought from a thai company, when renewed after a year then it does have to come from the list. it is not that obvious from the London embassy website but if you follow the link to the tgia site at the top of the page where all the companies are there is a link to download the form (foreign policy) fill that in with your non Thai policy.

Remember that most if not all thai policies have a cut off age of 75 for new policies(well the ones on tgia list), if you have taken one out before 75 then they will likely renew it, just something to consider if you plan renewing in a year

Edited by howerde
MISSING TEXT

At your age the insurance will be very expensive.  For example Pacific Cross has a Combo Policy(complies with both Non Imm OA and Covid 19 requirements). For the age group between 71 to 75 the annual premium is 133,000 Baht(wow, I know) but you can reduce the premium by 50% by taking a 300,000 Baht deductible.  Pacific Cross has been very responsive so far and i have no complaints and I will probably purchase the combined policy for next year(I am under 60 and the premium in my case is fairly reasonable).  Additionally you will probably need a medical exam as part of the application process for most Thai based insurance companies.  Good luck on your search.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
Content