Translation Please

glenbat

What kind of jive-ass slang is that?

No such thing in any language.

Good grief...

Jive-ass? What in the devils name is that? Gotta love our Yank friends.... I didnt ask what sort of slang it was, I asked if someone could please translate it (and 2 helpful people did - thank you rgs2001uk and Thaddeus)

I had an idea and needed a translation, its called humour.....

rgs2001 and Thaddeus, sorry I meant could you please type it in Thai so i can copy and paste it (if possible 'buffalo doctor' as opposed to 'vet', if there is a way of being that specific)

Got to watch it with that term. It could also be construed as an insult. "khwaay" is one way of saying "idiot" or "dimwit", hence "maw khwaay" can mean "idiotic doctor".

:o I was thinking the same thing. Might try หมอกระบือ

What kind of jive-ass slang is that?

No such thing in any language.

Good grief...

Jive-ass? What in the devils name is that? Gotta love our Yank friends.... I didnt ask what sort of slang it was, I asked if someone could please translate it (and 2 helpful people did - thank you rgs2001uk and Thaddeus)

I had an idea and needed a translation, its called humour.....

rgs2001 and Thaddeus, sorry I meant could you please type it in Thai so i can copy and paste it (if possible 'buffalo doctor' as opposed to 'vet', if there is a way of being that specific)

Touche, mate.

But there is no such thing as a buffalo doctor, not in Thai nor in English nor in any language.

Ergo: it is not humour. Hint: humour is supposed to be funny.

if you say หมอควาย to a Thai person, it would mean nothing at all, much less anything even remotely funny.

Might be taken as a insult, however.

By the way, I'm not a Yank.

That surely is an insult to a latinoamericano.

Cheers, boyo.

could someone please translate 'buffalo doctor' for me?

many thanks

หมอสำหรับควาย maw sumrup kwaai (literally, doctor for buffalo)

swedish meatball is right, kwaai is so often used in a derogatory sense (dufus, retard) i don't think it's really a safe word to make a joke with. กระบือ this word gra-bue for water-buffalo appears in my dictionary also, maybe a better choice. so หมอ maw (doctor) สำหรับ (sum-rup) กระบือ (gra-bue) hard to go wrong with that. :o