"Under consideration" stamp - do I have to go back to the same office to get stamped?

I got my original Under Consideration stamp from Muong Thong Thani (MTT) with embassy letter with a date of Oct 22. I left for Phuket shortly after taking care of the extension. Can I get my stamp from Phuket Immigration or do I have to go back to MTT? It would be nice to save a trip to BKK now that I'm in Phuket. 

Are we now getting confirmed reports that those who applied before September 26 with embassy letter and received "Under Consideration" stamps now get stamped to November 30th when presenting themselves for the stamp?

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You have to go back to MTT to get the final stamp.

There have been reports of people who went back and got a stamp until 30th November.

The reason why I asked is that I hear talk in other threads of people advising others to go to a different I/O office for this and that. I was under the impression that you can go to your new "local" office once you've "moved".

The other concern is that I may have to keep going back to MTT to extend every 60 days when I no longer live in Bangkok which can be a bother.

So I welcome a diversity of opinions on this based on your experience.

1 hour ago, alw22 said:

I just asked the same question at the office in Patong.  The officer there told me to ask in Phuket Town because they might be able to transfer the extension.  Maybe worth a try if you're nearby.

Thanks! I'm a long ways from Phuket Town so will await other reports on this. The taxi mafia in Phuket makes it v. expensive to get around. Please do keep us posted if you will be there soon. I'm not due to go back to BKK for another 2 weeks.

Let me be clear. Pattaya IO, September 17. Submitted all the required documents including 'letter of support' from my Embassy. Paid 1900 Baht. Got stamp 'Application of stay is under consideration.....must contact this office again on 07 OCT 2020'. And was told 'when you come on Oct.7 you will get visa extension until end of October'. So today I went to the IO. Half empty, gave my passport and 10 minutes later she gives me back my passport with..... another...."under consideration....must contact this office again on 03 NOV 2020". And  she says 'when you come next time you will get a new stamp with 30 of November stamp'.   Just a sick joke, what they do! 

3 minutes ago, AndrzejK said:

Let me be clear. Pattaya IO, September 17. Submitted all the required documents including 'letter of support' from my Embassy. Paid 1900 Baht. Got stamp 'Application of stay is under consideration.....must contact this office again on 07 OCT 2020'. And was told 'when you come on Oct.7 you will get visa extension until end of October'. So today I went to the IO. Half empty, gave my passport and 10 minutes later she gives me back my passport with..... another...."under consideration....must contact this office again on 03 NOV 2020". And  she says 'when you come next time you will get a new stamp with 30 of November stamp'.   Just a sick joke, what they do! 

Sorry to hear that. Is this just Pattaya IO being awkward? I've read 2 reports so far of people getting the Nov 30 stamp from MTT with no fuss.

Just got mine yesterday until 30 nov, with embassy letter, at BKK, before 26 deadline.

From about 5 people Ive asked, its all the 'under consideration' first, then the visa proper...

Edited by agng
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Applied and paid for visa extension September 17, got stamp 'visa under consideration'...,come back October 7, got another stamp and...come back November 3. So today for the 3rd time back to Pattaya's Immigration. Took my passport and...come tomorrow. Amazing Thailand. 4 trips for 1 visa stamp. (Not even sure if I get it tomorrow or....come again on...?)

39 minutes ago, AndrzejK said:

Took my passport and...come tomorrow. Amazing Thailand. 4 trips for 1 visa stamp. (Not even sure if I get it tomorrow or....come again on...?)

I think you have extension stamp tomorrow when you back. It is about standard procedure at Jomtien to return the next day to pick up your passport with the stamp done in it.