How Much Money Is Required?

Hi all,

“Applicants must provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to support their stay, including emergences without recourse to state funds.”

Have you got any ideas or guidelines on how much money is required in girlfriends bank account when applying for a visa?

Have a Happy…

DeDanan

With no responsess for four days, one would conclude that the answer to your question in contained within the question, ie. a rhetorical question.

Going past that, I would prepare a detailed itinerary on a day to day basis with expenses expected and any and all tickets, reservation confirmations, and any other document supporting the itinerary.

The make sure there is sufficient money to cover all of the anticipated and documented expenses, including a paid round trip ticket, plus at least the baht equivalent of 5kUSD or more for immergency hospitalizations. An internation coverage health or accident plan would help alot.

You post wording suggest you might be talking about Australia, if so convert the foregoing to AUD.

If you are paying for everything, you should provide your financial resume in a like manner.

Why not ask the Embassy directly? It will obviously depend on how long your girlfriend is planning to stay with you.

A friend of mine in Ireland applied for a tourist visa for his girlfriend last year and was told she would need 100,000 baht (having said that, her application was refused!). He subsequently married her in Thailand and she is coming her next month.

I have recently invited a male friend to Ireland for 3 weeks and he was told by a travel agent that he would need 100,000 baht in his account. His application has just been made so it will be 6 weeks before I know if it will be allowed.

No harm in asking the Embassy I think.

Good luck

The actual Bt value is a very "fluid" amount. Th eproduction of the bank account is more to show some type of saving pattern over time, thus illustrating a job. Thats the theory anyway.

If you write a letter stating you will be responsible for all her cost s and accomodation, then the onus is on your bank account being able to sustain the 2 of you for the duration.

Have you got any ideas or guidelines on how much money is required in girlfriends bank account when applying for a visa?

An immigration officer told me over the phone as a rule $1,000 per month in OZ, 3 months = $3,000