December 30 stamps?

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think they were probably an error or a misunderstanding of the rules.

I think the extra month to December is for people that were fooled into paying two 30 day extensions . One in March 2020 and the second in September 2020 . 

Payback time in Thai fashion . No returning of money here . 

Grateful to the immigration in Chiang Mai 

56 minutes ago, itsari said:

I think the extra month to December is for people that were fooled into paying two 30 day extensions . One in March 2020 and the second in September 2020 . 

Payback time in Thai fashion . No returning of money here . 

Grateful to the immigration in Chiang Mai 

I really doubt they would give an extra month because of a paid extension in March. 

15 minutes ago, itsari said:

I understand your doubt , yet immigration has given an extra month for the September extension payment , why not for the March payment ?

March would be before the Ministerial Notice (aka amnesty) was approved on April 7th.

A few people got the 30 day extensions shortly after April 7th. 

What about those that applied for one in July before the 2nd extension of the notice started.

44 minutes ago, itsari said:

I understand your doubt , yet immigration has given an extra month for the September extension payment , why not for the March payment ?

Why don't you ask them? The last extension wasn't officially announced until about 4 days after September 26. That wasn't the case in March. If you or someone else decided to pay for an extension in March (like many did), why would Immigration have to refund you or give you an extra month? Please tell! Immigration doesn't come up with amnesties or extends them, the government does. 

49 minutes ago, Chrisroundtheworld said:

I asked the immigration officer who handed my passport back what date will be stamped in, she said:

"December 30th, because you will get a 60 day extension".

That is not really correct. They are counting the amnesty that ends on the 31st as part of the purported 60 day extension.

There would be no chance of getting a stamp to December 30th.

On 10/14/2020 at 4:18 PM, Chrisroundtheworld said:

I went into Muang Thong Thani today to the K counter (October 14th) to do my Covid amnesty extension and get my under consideration stamp.

My under consideration date was stamped October 28th. 

I asked the immigration officer who handed my passport back what date will be stamped in, she said:

So, if you didn't do the pre-September 26th extension, and you go in to Muang Thong Thani to start your extension process, it appears that the current policy will be that you get a "Dec 30" stamped in when you go back on or after your under consideration date.

Just to clarify:

1.  Had you done a previous (regular, non-Covid) extension? I am guessing yes.

2. Did you have an embassy letter or was there any mention of such?

I was under the impression that no "under consideration" stamp would be given unless it was a Covid extension (hopefully not, will save one long trip).  It was also my understanding per Ubonjoe that those that hadn't extended previously (Covid or otherwise) would only get stamped until 30 Nov, although Dec 30 would of course be preferable.

On 10/14/2020 at 4:18 PM, Chrisroundtheworld said:

I went into Muang Thong Thani today to the K counter (October 14th) to do my Covid amnesty extension and get my under consideration stamp.

My under consideration date was stamped October 28th. 

So, if you didn't do the pre-September 26th extension, and you go in to Muang Thong Thani to start your extension process, it appears that the current policy will be that you get a "Dec 30" stamped in when you go back on or after your under consideration date.

I went to MTT on 16 Oct 2020, was given 3 forms (Please see attachments) for covid amnesty extension.

Filled up, submit all related documents and paid 1900 baht, get an under consideration stamp. The date was October 30th.

The immigration officer told me the same thing, "Come back on 30th Oct and you will get a 60-day extension til Dec 30th"

I extended once on 7 Apr before the amnesty was announced.

20201016_151149.jpg

20201016_151152.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1