Pink eggs.

Crossy

Madam has 7 red chooks, all from the same batch of babies.

They free range during the day and get layer feed too.

One of the girls lays larger, pink, almost purple eggs. I wonder why. One of the mysteries of the natural world.

The eggs are, of course, better than those from the supermarket, everyone we give them to says so (for free eggs they will say anything).

Image00001.jpg

"The eggs are, of course, better than those from the supermarket, everyone we give them to says so (for free eggs they will say anything)."

I fear the strain of moderation is getting to you, making you cynical about your fellow man.

• Haha 1

I had 8 lay egg chicken but all die! I think i make huge misstake to put them in same place where "thai chicken was"? Seems like they was too friendly and don't get food coz "thai" chicken eat all! I pay 500 bth eatch. And few month was nice, get fresh egg every day. Then all die one bye one.... LOL im not farmer ! Idiot site manager who want fill days to do something. Just now have 25 new born thai chicken , mother in law haddle that one, put in smaler cage inside chicken house. We not let them run free.

Edited by 2 is 1

15 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

I had 8 lay egg chicken but all die! I think i make huge misstake to put them in same place where "thai chicken was"? Seems like they was too friendly and don't get food coz "thai" chicken eat all! I pay 500 bth eatch. And few month was nice, get fresh egg every day. Then all die one bye one.... LOL im not farmer ! Idiot site manager who want fill days to do something. Just now have 25 new born thai chicken , mother in law haddle that one, put in smaler cage inside chicken house. We not let them run free.

If this is a serious comment you have made then just by putting them inside a house will not automatically mean that they will not die.
It sounds like your farm is perhaps 'sick' meaning it is already having a background disease threat, if so take responsible steps.

24 minutes ago, douglasspade said:

If the shell is softer then the hen is either older or stressed, it could be mycotoxins as well when free ranging. A harder shell could mean that there is too much calcium in the diet, but that is rare.

Chooks are all the same age. Apart from the shell colour the eggs seem normal.

Do you have a duck by any chance, the colour could be from a duck egg although shell quality looks to be poor.    

Some of the brown eggs show slight misshaping and signs of poor shell quality.    This could be genetics, diet or disease.    Perhaps angle and lighting of photo.

If you do find out what causes the coloring on the eggs let me know, might work with my dogs poo.

We have 3 dogs, the older one gets to run free and sleep in the house while the two younger ones are mostly kept in a compound next to the house with lots of space and nice cozy dog house for them to sleep in.

The floor of their compound is mainly dirt with some gravel, a few plants and lots of overhanging trees to give plenty of shade.

Problem is this time of the year the ground is wet and soft so they dig holes, don't know what there' looking for, perhaps planning an escape tunnel, also lots of falling leaves that make it difficult to find their doggie poo when I go to scoop it up each day.

My eyes ain't as good as they used to be and trying to find the daily poo amongst the debris on the compound floor is getting to be a bit of a challenge.

So I had this idea if I could feed the dogs something that would make them produce Hi-Vis poo my life would be one step easier. 

If I can find out what is making your chook eggs colored it might be a start to finding what I can feed my doggies to get them to produce Hi-Vis poo. :whistling:

Might even be a market for it, partner  :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

If you do find out what causes the coloring on the eggs let me know, might work with my dogs poo.

You need a Lirpa Loof, their poo is bright blue.