Yearly visa extension

I am totally confused so I'm asking you to be gentle!

I have an O visa which I need to extend by Nov. 22nd.

I am NOT on any kind of extension due to Covid.

I normally extend my visa a month before it's due so was thinking of preparing everything ( copies of passport, bank letters etc. ) for the 23rd. of this month.

Now I keep reading about making an appointment etc. and am wondering is that what I need to do?

For the last 18 years I have gone to immigration with all my paperwork and picked up my passport the next day, job done!

But, is it the same now?

My age is beginning to tell on me so if Joe or anyone can else can explain what I now may have to do I'd be grateful !

Thanks.

PS. I use Jomtien immigration.

• Like 1

There are not many people there at the moment and no need to make an appointment. Go there October 22:nd or 23:rd (I would choose Thursday the 22:nd and pick up the passport after 2pm next day) after lunch 1pm. You can get the number at the front desk about 10-15 minutes earlier. Just prepare your papers incl the bank letter and the updated bank book prior to the application and you'll be out of there in 10 minutes. Most of the people visiting Jomtien Immigration recently have nothing to do with annual extensions. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not on the 23rd since it is a holiday and immigration will be closed.

My bad, I knew it was a holiday but was to quick to click Submit Reply. Otherwise, I stand by what I suggested. I'm quite familiar with Jomtien Immigration after many years in both Pattaya and Jomtien. 

56 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Slightly off topic, but my mate just got confused, he was preparing to go to Korat IO, for marriage ext. on his under consideration date and just realized it was 60days under consideration not 30 is this normal in Korat now.

It standard here in the northeast (immigration division 4 policy) for the 30 days to start from the date you current permit to stay date. He must of applied 30 days early and that is why it was a total of 60 day.

All 13 of them have started from the day my current extension ends. That is the reason I don't do mine more than a couple of weeks early.

• Thanks 1