Ringlock Fencing

I spotted what looked to me like a very good imitation of this very popular type of fencing in Australia, in a photo on the Irrigation thread posted by Maizefarmer. This would mean that it is available somewhere in Thailand, I hope. I am very keen to know where to purchase this particular fencing as I am unimpressed by the current Thai usage of barbed wire and concrete posts every 2 metres.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers

Capex

I spotted what looked to me like a very good imitation of this very popular type of fencing in Australia, in a photo on the Irrigation thread posted by Maizefarmer. This would mean that it is available somewhere in Thailand, I hope. I am very keen to know where to purchase this particular fencing as I am unimpressed by the current Thai usage of barbed wire and concrete posts every 2 metres.

Cheers

Capex

From an advert in a magazine I have:

BCP market Tite Grip game fence. Phone: 02 874 0315-7, 2 428 4341, 01 455 9103; fax:02 428 4322, 02 874 0317.

Edited by Khonwan

Cheers

Capex

Capax,

There is a ringlock manufacturer in the Lamphoon Northern Industrial Estate commonly called "NI-COM Lamphoon". I do not recall there name or have contact details. I suggest you speak to the administration office at the industrial estate, they are sure to point you in the right direction or at least to provide details to an agent.

Regards, Jay

Easy to get: print out the picture on the Irrigation thread and take it into half decent hardware store - show it to them and they'll order you a roll of the stuff.

U can buy it galvanised or un-galvanised - I think it's no-brainer which u want - get galvanised.

MF

Easy to get: print out the picture on the Irrigation thread and take it into half decent hardware store - show it to them and they'll order you a roll of the stuff.

U can buy it galvanised or un-galvanised - I think it's no-brainer which u want - get galvanised.

MF

Many thanks Maizefarmer. Galvanized is the only way to go, as you say.

I suppose I'd be stretching the friendship to ask if you have seen "star pickets" in your travels? I have done hundreds of miles of fencing using this stuff (in a previous life) and have aslo resorted to using galvanised water pipe here in Thailand as a result of not finding steel fence posts.

Thanks also Jay for your lead.

Cheers,

Capex

MF

Many thanks Maizefarmer. Galvanized is the only way to go, as you say.

I suppose I'd be stretching the friendship to ask if you have seen "star pickets" in your travels? I have done hundreds of miles of fencing using this stuff (in a previous life) and have aslo resorted to using galvanised water pipe here in Thailand as a result of not finding steel fence posts.

Thanks also Jay for your lead.

Cheers,

Capex

Star Pickets - seen a couple of times but sorry - no idea where u can source them from. Any particualr why you want them

For fence posts I always used wood, but over the years as they needed replacing have gone with re-inforced cement - only becaus ethey last forever.

MF

Look around Packchong, Korat, they all have those lovely 'Ranch-style' fences; even the humblest dweller?

Right on MF, again, sound thinking, I am a 'wood' -post man too! Cut your Yuke, stick it in a bin full of old engine oil before placing & surprisingly, they will last a long time?

Who would use Galvanised here? Why is plastic regarding piping such a developed industry here in Tropical Thailand? Because it is TROPICAL THAILAND!