90 days reporting and visa extension out of province

Hello all, 

I am on a multiple visa with 90 days period of stay. So my extension and 90 days report always coincide. 

I keep a permanent residence in Pattaya area and filed my TM30 there. This year I would like to spend the winter months in Phuket/Krabi or close by. 

My initial thought was to make sure that a TM30 is filed in Phuket for when I am due to report/extend and handle everything there. After a return to Chonburi will I have to do another TM30 for the permanent residence? Officers will clearly see from the visa extension that I was out of province so I am not sure if my "old" TM30 needs to be filed again after my return. 

Would be happy for any input.

If you have a multiple entry visa issued by a embassy or consulate you have to leave re-enter the country every 90 days. No need to 90 day reports in that case.

Not sure what you would have if you are getting 90 day extensions. Extensions have to be done at the designated office for where you are living and 90 day reports have to done to the same office.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Singer said:

It is an SE visa giving me 90 days extendable in-county. 

What is the basis for your 90 day extensions (volunteer, attending a informal school for example).

4 minutes ago, John Singer said:

After reading your answer, I ask myself if by simply filing a TM30 in Phuket does Phuket become my new designated office? 

It would change your address but they might want more than a TM30 report do a change of address to a new office.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What is the basis for your 90 day extensions (volunteer, attending a informal school for example).

It would change your address but they might want more than a TM30 report do a change of address to a new office.

It's an "old" elite visa giving 90 days not 365. 

I would hate needing to just go back only for the reporting/extension. I guess it depends on the IO if they are going to accept it or not. But what could they do? They can't know if I have a permanent address anywhere else than Phuket. For all they know, I could spend the next decade there.

edit: initially, I plan using airbnb so I would not be able to provide a rental contract...

Edited by John Singer

3 minutes ago, John Singer said:

It's an "old" elite visa giving 90 days not 365. 

You should of mentioned you have a SE visa.

Not the same as normal extensions of stay. It should not be a problem doing it in Phuket. There is no designated office for the extension as far as I know. The 90 day report should not be a problem as well if a TM30 report is submitted.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John Singer said:

That leaves me at my initial question, if Jomtien immigration requires a new TM30 after my return from out of province. Are there any reports of it

TM30 reports are not required now after trips within the country (new rule June 30th). Also not required after entering the country unless you enter with a new visa.

I don't recall Jomtien wanting one outside the new rules.

But if you formally change your address to Phuket you may need one done to change it back to Jomtien.

• Like 1