Three foreigners and a Thai found positive for Covid-19 in quarantine facilities

webfact

Three foreigners and a Thai found positive for Covid-19 in quarantine facilities

By The Nation

800_be2685d8bdb6bff.jpg?v=1604211220

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration on Sunday reported four new cases in quarantine over a 24-hour period.

A 28-year-old British male teacher arrived on October 18 and was confirmed positive on October 30 with cough and runny nose symptoms in a Bangkok alternative state quarantine.

A 27-year-old Thai woman travelled back from the United Kingdom on October 26 and tested positive on October 30 in a state quarantine facility in Bangkok.

A 65-year-old British male security adviser travelled back from Afghanistan and the United States on October 25 and tested positive on October 30 in an alternative state quarantine hotel in Nonthaburi province.

A 41-year-old Russian businessman arrived on October 26 and test positive in an alternative state quarantine hotel in Bangkok on October 28.

Meanwhile, two patients recovered and were discharged.

The total number of confirmed cases in Thailand increased to 3,784 (836 in state quarantine), of whom 133 are in hospital, 3,592 have recovered and been discharged, while 59 have died.

According to Worldometer, as of 10 am on Sunday, the total number of confirmed cases has increased to 46.37 million (up by 475,201), 33.48 million have recovered, 11.7 million are active cases (84,221 in serious condition) and 1.2 million have died (up by 6,488).

Thailand is 147th for most cases in the world, while the US has the most number with 9.4 million, followed by India 8.1 million, Brazil 5.53 million, Russia 1.61 million and France 1.36 million.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30397150

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-02

56 minutes ago, alien365 said:

A total of 836 in state quarantine from how many? 

I haven't seen up-to-the-minute numbers, but all of the quarantine statistics over the past several months have shown a fairly consistent infection rate of around 0.7% - meaning, of course, that 99.3% are NOT infected.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A 28-year-old British male teacher arrived on October 18 and was confirmed positive on October 30 with cough and runny nose symptoms in a Bangkok alternative state quarantine.

Yes, the reduction of quarantine to ten days is looking better and better all the time ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

????

When they open the borders, a lot of people will get the virus, go to bed or stay in for two or three weeks, take medicine, then recover and back to normal, but there will probably be a very small minority of people with existing health problems, or obese, who will take a long time to recover, even die.

This is just the way I see it.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

When they open the borders, a lot of people will get the virus, go to bed or stay in for two or three weeks, take medicine, then recover and back to normal, but there will probably be a very small minority of people with existing health problems, or obese, who will take a long time to recover, even die.

A Thai friend of mine is convinced she had the virus back in April.

She stayed at home in isolation from the family for 2 weeks,dosing up on meds from the pharmacy, eventually she got better. No doctor no tests nothing.

But she did have the sense to isolate, I wonder how many others would do the same or try to continue life and spread it around?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I wonder if you have ever been to a Thai public hospital? It is frightening what would happen to the hospital system if they had a lot of cases. It just wouldn't cope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I wonder if you have ever been to a Thai public hospital? It is frightening what would happen to the hospital system if they had a lot of cases. It just wouldn't cope.

In the vast majority of cases they could recuperate at home and take medicine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Yes, the reduction of quarantine to ten days is looking better and better all the time ????

The point is that the infected person is not cantagious anymore after few days and hence the reduction (some studies have shown).

4 hours ago, khunjeff said:

I haven't seen up-to-the-minute numbers, but all of the quarantine statistics over the past several months have shown a fairly consistent infection rate of around 0.7% - meaning, of course, that 99.3% are NOT infected.

Thank you.  I'm surprised we are still getting news reports of them that being the case.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

By The Nation

800_be2685d8bdb6bff.jpg?v=1604211220

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration on Sunday reported four new cases in quarantine over a 24-hour period.

A 27-year-old Thai woman travelled back from the United Kingdom on October 26 and tested positive on October 30 in a state quarantine facility in Bangkok.

A 65-year-old British male security adviser travelled back from Afghanistan and the United States on October 25 and tested positive on October 30 in an alternative state quarantine hotel in Nonthaburi province.

A 41-year-old Russian businessman arrived on October 26 and test positive in an alternative state quarantine hotel in Bangkok on October 28.

Meanwhile, two patients recovered and were discharged.

The total number of confirmed cases in Thailand increased to 3,784 (836 in state quarantine), of whom 133 are in hospital, 3,592 have recovered and been discharged, while 59 have died.

According to Worldometer, as of 10 am on Sunday, the total number of confirmed cases has increased to 46.37 million (up by 475,201), 33.48 million have recovered, 11.7 million are active cases (84,221 in serious condition) and 1.2 million have died (up by 6,488).

Thailand is 147th for most cases in the world, while the US has the most number with 9.4 million, followed by India 8.1 million, Brazil 5.53 million, Russia 1.61 million and France 1.36 million.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30397150

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-02

You would need to be mad going into an obvious Covid rich environment and expects thai cleaners on their 320baht a day working 12 hours to clean to hospital standards. Thailand is full of Covid the same as those countries on their border are. Don't test dont find. But if it makes you feel superior in your tiny minds Thailand has no Covid just dirty foreigners. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scot123 said:

You would need to be mad going into an obvious Covid rich environment and expects thai cleaners on their 320baht a day working 12 hours to clean to hospital standards. Thailand is full of Covid the same as those countries on their border are. Don't test dont find. But if it makes you feel superior in your tiny minds Thailand has no Covid just dirty foreigners. 

Patent nonsense.

Just now, Mr Meeseeks said:

Patent nonsense.

Really! Which part? The 320baht a day, the 12 hour shifts for cleaners or the fact that people are being tested for Covid before they fly and are Covid free then go stay in a hotel yes a hotel and not a quarantine hospital and then mysteriously have Covid after their second test whilst in quarantine or even developing symptoms after they are out of quarantine!!! Or when they tested the gym in one if these hotels they found Covid!!!!! YES Thailand is magical, it can be surrounded by land bordered countries on all sides with high levels of Covid yet its trustworthy and honest military government says its Covid free (obviously if you do not test for it you will not find it) it must be true!!! But hay I only lived in Thailand for about 17 years what would I know about Thailand and how the deal with village deaths and records they do not keep. Old-die-temple-burn no autopsies....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mak25 said:

I guess arrivals tested negative intitially before their flight or upon arrival. I am wondering, did they also get infected in the quarantine facilities then?

I'm quite sure that if you catch covid-19 while in ASQ you will receive a full refund and any medical expenses will be taken care of... ????

1 hour ago, Scot123 said:

Really! Which part? The 320baht a day, the 12 hour shifts for cleaners or the fact that people are being tested for Covid before they fly and are Covid free then go stay in a hotel yes a hotel and not a quarantine hospital and then mysteriously have Covid after their second test whilst in quarantine or even developing symptoms after they are out of quarantine!!! Or when they tested the gym in one if these hotels they found Covid!!!!! YES Thailand is magical, it can be surrounded by land bordered countries on all sides with high levels of Covid yet its trustworthy and honest military government says its Covid free (obviously if you do not test for it you will not find it) it must be true!!! But hay I only lived in Thailand for about 17 years what would I know about Thailand and how the deal with village deaths and records they do not keep. Old-die-temple-burn no autopsies....

You are only deluding yourself mate. 

Go and have a lie down and try to reconcile yourself to the fact that Thailand has done remarkably well in dealing with the crisis while the US and UK have failed miserably. 

Chok dee! 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

In the vast majority of cases they could recuperate at home and take medicine.

My experience of Sri Racha hospital and Chulalongorn in Bangkok is getting there at 5.30 am and waiting with hundreds of people. The waiting area is full of people on trolleys.Then it opens at 8.30 and you rush to the queue for appointments. Last time my wife was seen at 12.30 so a 7 hour wait. We go to the children's section in BKK so is usually a 2.30 or so appointment but still need to get there at 5.30 am. I can't see the Thai hospital system coping with any increase in numbers. Where do they go for the covid tests and the prescription for medication? I know their are clinics but I think they charge more than 30 baht. Thailand has a very good health system but no pharmaceutical scheme. My wife's niece was in hospital in Bangkok. I used to send her money to buy food for the other mums because they had spent their money on medication and couldn't afford to eat. Most of the other kids sick at the same time died because they couldn't afford meds. My wife's family has money so the niece survived. Her meds still cost 5000 baht or so  a month  5 years later. Many thais live in 1 or 2 room houses so I can't see how they could quarantine effectively as you suggest.

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 1:27 AM, farq said:

These people supposedly testing "positive" are most likely NOT positive at all because the RT-PCR test is not to be used to detect a virus and can show, as a positive, that the person has had a cold or flu within the past twelve months or so or is asymptomatic.  This whole scare campaign is based on a huge lie!

The RT-PCR test has sensitivity/specificity above 95% and is regarded as the benchmark for testing under the current available science.  Asymptomatic doesn't mean that you are not infectious.  Try telling the people that have caught this virus and even died from it that it is based on a huge lie as I know quite a few?  I suppose that you believe in chem-trails and flat earth theories too?

Edited by Trip Hop
  • Like 1