Farang Friendly Amphur Offices for Marriage Bangkok

BigJ

Other than Bangrak, are there other farang friendly amphur offices for marriage in Bangkok. We are two farang getting married and will not have a Thai with us so wish for it to go smoothly (both of us speak Thai fairly well).

Along with any recommendations, please note if an appointment is needed or not as that seems to be uncertain in my research. 

Thank you very much! 

I would do it through an agent. They know all the ropes and will make sure all the paperwork is correct & ready and translated, and they know the routine. And they'll take you here & there to do this & that. You'll pay several thousand baht more but it'll save you from walking around in the heat getting all angry and frustrated on your wedding day.

Edited by TSF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your answer.  Our translation service (very good so far) assures us our papers are ready (though your warning is acknowledged and appreciated) and has quoted us an 8000 baht charge for the marriage day stuff.  Another service quoted 7000 baht so that seems to be the going rate.  

Any other recommendations would be welcome as we are listening and researching.  Thank you! 

18 hours ago, BigJ said:

Thank you for your answer.  Our translation service (very good so far) assures us our papers are ready (though your warning is acknowledged and appreciated) and has quoted us an 8000 baht charge for the marriage day stuff.  Another service quoted 7000 baht so that seems to be the going rate.  

Any other recommendations would be welcome as we are listening and researching.  Thank you! 

I'm not married but a few years ago I was planning on marrying my TGF, we saw an agent in Pattaya and for a similar fee to what you have quoted here the agent would take care of everything. The agent had done these marriage services countless times and had connections with Thais at all the stages along the way, so everything was streamlined with no waiting. We didn't go through with it as we decided to wait a while longer before making the commitment, and as it turns out we never married. However, from memory the agent was going to drive the pair of us to BKK, get my freedom to marry document from my embassy, take that to a nearby translation service, have it translated, then we were to go to the Ministry office to have the docs & translations verified, then on to one of the Bangkok amphur offices, where the marriage would take place, without having to book or wait. So again all I can say is do it through a professional service.

I have dealt with the one on Thong-lo and they were very easy to deal with, we got our marriage registered there with little hassle, I got my yellow Tabien bookand I just had to show them my passport and my daughters birth certificate, and they were the ones that noticed that name was spelt wrong in Thai, so corrected it and issued a new one no charge, also just recently I got my pink card and I just had to show my passport and Yellow Tabien book and it took them about 10 minutes, then I had to wait to get my picture taken.  Overall it was a very good experience.

6 hours ago, dsj said:

I have dealt with the one on Thong-lo and they were very easy to deal with, we got our marriage registered there with little hassle, I got my yellow Tabien bookand I just had to show them my passport and my daughters birth certificate, and they were the ones that noticed that name was spelt wrong in Thai, so corrected it and issued a new one no charge, also just recently I got my pink card and I just had to show my passport and Yellow Tabien book and it took them about 10 minutes, then I had to wait to get my picture taken.  Overall it was a very good experience.

Thank you! According to Google maps, the office is in the Liberty building? Sorry, but was an appointment necessary? Or you could just walk in with all the proper paperwork and get your marriage registration + certificate? 

On 11/8/2020 at 5:36 PM, BigJ said:

Thank you! According to Google maps, the office is in the Liberty building? Sorry, but was an appointment necessary? Or you could just walk in with all the proper paperwork and get your marriage registration + certificate? 

we just walked and got a number from the Que. We did bring a witness with us.