poultry pellet mashine

If you are only making small batches at a time then you could do what I did and buy a motorised meat grinder to produce the pellets. You will have to dry the pellets. I bought a table with the grinder and motor and a few different size die plates for around 6,000 baht.

I already had a concrete mixer to mix ingredients. I also had a concrete floor under roof to dry them. I produced about 300 kgs of pellets each batch, taking less then a day.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 11:04 AM, IsaanAussie said:

If you are only making small batches at a time then you could do what I did and buy a motorised meat grinder to produce the pellets. You will have to dry the pellets. I bought a table with the grinder and motor and a few different size die plates for around 6,000 baht.

I already had a concrete mixer to mix ingredients. I also had a concrete floor under roof to dry them. I produced about 300 kgs of pellets each batch, taking less then a day.

IsaanAussie

Did you think it was financially viable to make them yourself?

If Yes what sort of cost saving did you think you made? 

45 minutes ago, OOTAI said:

IsaanAussie

Did you think it was financially viable to make them yourself?

If Yes what sort of cost saving did you think you made? 

Simple answer is no, not if you are buying basically the same ingredients at retail prices. Simply no way you can compete again the main stream feed manufacturers. 

• Like 1

IsaanAussie

Thanks for the reply. 

So as I suspected the only real way to make it pay is to have all your own ingredients produced on your "farm".

Even then there would be additives you would need to buy in and I don't think you could complete with the economies of scale the big producers have.

The expression "rock and a hard place" comes to mind.

The old saying applies, "Farmers buy at retail, sell at farm gate, and pay for the transport both ways!"

Yes, being self sufficient will drop your external spend but not necessarily lower your costs by much. 

I have looked at cheaper alternate materials and value adding to them to produce the quality levels. Example is cassava based diets, the pulp which starts as a carbohydrate source but can be fermented to increase the protein levels. 

6 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

Example is cassava based diets, the pulp which starts as a carbohydrate source but can be fermented to increase the protein levels. 

In a nutshell no ,fermenting a feed ,whether it is your cassava ,or grass will not increase the protein value ,if the food stuff is too wet ,low dry matter DM , poor quality it could  even lower the protein  of the feed, cassava pulp/waist  only has a protein of 1.9 % ,and a very low DM ,about 23-25%,or it is 75% water.

Dried cassava chips does have the carbohydrate source ,but now not cheap ,my cattle feed has very little cassava in it now ,after the new year when harvest starts it will become cheaper .you will find more cassava in a feed. 

What people like about cassava waste is the cost, around here it is about 80 stang /kg .and about 70-80 % of that cost is transport 

You can increase the protein of cassava waste by adding urea,TV's Hellbob's wife does that, but over feeding of cassava waste can lead to digestive problems .

• Like 1