Seeking travel boost, Thailand set to revive China bubble talks

rooster59

19 hours ago, Traubert said:

So are they Thai or Chinese? China doesn't allow dual Nationality.

Many Thai people are descendants of Chinese families they don't have dual nationality. In ancient times many Chinese merchants set up shop in Thailand and married into rich Thai families to get status. The Thaksins are one such family.

18 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

i'm not sure who to believe.  either the chinesers are shopping in richy-rich businesses laundering their loot, or spending absolutely nothing on zero baht tours other than mama noodles at 7-11.  but then we're told they're coming to buy up all the condos and businesses.  it's so confusing.

A very small percentage of the Chinese tourists are buying expensive condos as a bolt hole in case things go tits up in China or possibly to launder their money. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Wasn't there a post earlier this week about fake news?

Tourism only accounts for a 12% slice, so we've been led to believe.

It depends how big individual posters make it to prove their point. Its been in a range of 6-20%

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

i'm not sure who to believe.  either the chinesers are shopping in richy-rich businesses laundering their loot, or spending absolutely nothing on zero baht tours other than mama noodles at 7-11.  but then we're told they're coming to buy up all the condos and businesses.  it's so confusing.

The zero baht groups in the busses are workers and spend very little.

The richer chineese travel individual and spend much more in Thailand,

including buying  condos and businesses.

Edited by DanielS
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

Many Thai people are descendants of Chinese families they don't have dual nationality. In ancient times many Chinese merchants set up shop in Thailand and married into rich Thai families to get status. The Thaksins are one such family.

And that means the "hordes of Chinese tourists" in Thailand are in fact Thais. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

So they're Thai?

On 11/14/2020 at 8:11 AM, rooster59 said:

Thailand plans to restart talks with China on a travel bubble as part of efforts to ease restrictions on movement and boost the economy, which is heavily dependent on tourism, officials said on Friday.

Sure makes you wonder if whoever is making the decisions has one foot on the brake and one on the accelerator.  The other day those seeking a Single Entry 30 Day Tourist Visa had new requirements for money on deposit in order to gain the visa, now talk of opening a travel bubble for Chinese.  Which is it? Do they want tourists or don't want tourists? 

23 hours ago, CapeTown said:

You mean pay-to-enter cookie cutter temples?

No, I mean a Disneyland here in  Thailand that will have everything Thai in it. The Thai culture and the fun of it all. Most Thai people don't travel overseas much and the kids don't have many fun places to go to. I think it would be great! But that's just me.

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

No, I mean a Disneyland here in  Thailand that will have everything Thai in it. The Thai culture and the fun of it all. Most Thai people don't travel overseas much and the kids don't have many fun places to go to. I think it would be great! But that's just me.

They going to have massage parlors and beer bars lol 

3 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Sure makes you wonder if whoever is making the decisions has one foot on the brake and one on the accelerator.  The other day those seeking a Single Entry 30 Day Tourist Visa had new requirements for money on deposit in order to gain the visa, now talk of opening a travel bubble for Chinese.  Which is it? Do they want tourists or don't want tourists? 

The correct answer is they don't want tourists coming in at the moment but they will pretend as if they are trying to work out a way to allow it.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 5:15 PM, madmitch said:

They still don't seem to understand the concept of the travel bubble as they are still t 8alking about quarantine.

Mr Dhanin CP group, the man from China Town is the man who pays the piper, he calls the tune Mr Prayut dances and the STV are all CP group puppets, and I suspect all of them have had a shot of Sino vaccine before they arrived so none of them will return to China infected, however they will have lots of info on their laptops. 

On 11/14/2020 at 7:08 PM, Mavideol said:

what's wrong with these people, if tourists typically stay 10 days (traveling around) why would they commit to a 10 or 14 day quarantine....to stay locked in an hotel room 555

Travel bubble  only works if there is no quarantine