Power banks now a controlled product, require TISI stamp

webfact

21 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Once that law comes into effect I will have a large drawer full of illicit products. Will I have to remorsefully surrender to the authorities? And the owners of those other 100 million power banks in circulation, too?

You will have it removed from you when you board an airplane.   I had one for years and got it confiscated while boarding a flight inside China.  China started this last year.

On 11/17/2020 at 5:57 AM, Peterphuket said:

Makes it any sense??

Even Teslas still catch fire today.

Electric cars are actually more likely to catch fire than petrol or diesel cars in an accident. Plus the batteries can actually reignite hours or days after the fire has been put out. An article on the BBC news website stated this quoting some professor of electronics who was actually advocating electric cars. Another article below demonstrates this

https://insideevs.com/news/341441/are-evs-more-or-less-likely-to-catch-fire-than-combustion-engined-cars/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RobU said:

Electric cars are actually more likely to catch fire [...]

Factbox: Battery fires put automakers in hot seat over EVs
By Reuters Staff | NOVEMBER 18, 2020 | 4 MIN READ

Here are some vehicle recalls and investigations facing major EV makers worldwide.

HYUNDAI MOTOR   ...

GENERAL MOTORS   ...

FORD MOTOR   ...

BMW   ...

TESLA   ...

• Like 1

Went to buy one a while ago, the woman said do you want a made in Thailand one okay says I can I see the specs on the box says I. Then I see made in China on the box she turns round and tells me it's only the box that's made in China.