Dangerous air pollution level in Pattaya today

pandora501

27 minutes ago, pandora501 said:

My air pollution meter shows a very dangerous to health level of PM2.5 outdoors today.  The reading in the afternoon was 350(!) in relative units. The location is by the beach in North Pattaya. For comparison, just a couple of weeks ago the reading was only 0-5. I've been keeping all doors and windows shut and my air-con running all day and the reading inside my condo unit is currently 70, the level just below Moderate pollution classification. The air visibility in the bay is very low today and humidity is very high.  I see unsuspecting Thai families with kids on the beach as if things are just normal.

The wind direction has changed hence the problem, we have hills just at the back of the house (Silverlake area) midday hills not visable

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigStar said:

How many of these air pollution threads do we need, anyway?

Very good question.

One should be enough? - I don't know.

But this would require a lot of work. 

And less advertising opportunities.

So I think, neither thaivisa nor THE NATION will change anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

And it will get worse over the next four months. You won’t see a blue sky, it will be an off white color than appears like it is always overcast. It won’t clear until songkran rains.

i left Pattaya after 10 years because I couldn’t stand the stinking filthy air pollution anymore. I used the AQI website to find the cleanest air in Thailand and moved to Natai Beach Phangnga. It is always under 25 psi here. The ocean is clear and actually smells like an ocean should. And the locals do a good job keeping on top of the litter problem. I see the local council workers collecting litter almost daily and a local judge also sponsors a team to collect litter and cut roadside grass.

The beach has crabs, sea falcons and turtles. Paradise. So happy to have left the open sewer smog hole rubbish dump Pattaya.

I feel healthier because I am healthier. Every breath I take, apart from 4 days last year when the wind sent Indonesian peat fire pollution up here. This year it didn’t happen at all. 

The rubbish filled sois in Pattaya pi55ed me off, but the air was literally killing me and was the reason I left. It was also embarrassing when people came to visit me. 

You are full of it.....The air pollution in Pattaya is very rarely bad....Maybe the air is not crystal clear but its very very very rarely like it is now....

7 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

You are full of it.....The air pollution in Pattaya is very rarely bad....Maybe the air is not crystal clear but its very very very rarely like it is now....

Yes from all the time in BKK I never seen a blue sky even in Ratchaburi where I lived

7 hours ago, redwood1 said:

nah it is filthy. Look up, you won’t see a blue sky until April.

You won’t know if it is overcast or polluted. 
peak filth hits around January.