Sat Nav

lelapin

Per the document:

AW_Brochure_Honda_Navigation_Eng

honda.co.th/uploads/manuals

For Honda vehicles with the MapCare program, a user gets free* 5 years of map updates. This applies to Honda’s following car models: New CR-V (2.4 EL 4WD, DT EL 4WD), New Accord (2.4EL, Hybrid TECH) and New Civic (Turbo RS). The 5 years MapCare subscription is activated the first time customer visits the portal (https://honda.garmin.com/honda/) and follows the process to check for a map update or when the car has been driven approximately 322 km (200 miles), whichever comes first.

*Customer needs to pay service charge to the dealer in case dealer performs the map update process for the customer.

For more details on map update, please visit https://honda.garmin.com/honda/

Depending on the YEAR OF MANUFACTURE, your car nav may either need (1) dealer action, (2) purchased SD memorycard updater, (3) online, over-the-air, update via purchased authorization code

Suggest searching google and/or youtube to find a match for your specific car and nav system to see what options are available to you.

Google Search: update 2013 honda crv sat nav

You should be presented with websites, and YouTube videos similar to this:

Honda SD navigation update manual

• Like 1

It seems it may be expensive and fairly complicated to do. Also all the videos I've looked at so far don't look like the Sat Nav I have.  What do you think about me downloading a suitable Ap on to my Samsung phone and using that.

Edited by lelapin

10 minutes ago, lelapin said:

It seems it may be expensive and fairly complicated to do. Also all the videos I've looked at so far don't look like the Sat Nav I have.  What do you think about me downloading a suitable Ap on to my Samsung phone and using that.

I would suggest using something like Sygic, they have regular updates and they are FREE ! the amount to buy the Thai map is very small and you dont need an internet connection to run it. Check it out as a possible solution at sygic.com

I have used this on my phone/tablet etc for years with no issues.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 5:16 PM, lelapin said:

I have a 7 year old Honda CRV with satnav. Some of the info on it is now out of date (e.g. new Pattaya motorway doesn't appear on it). Is it possible to update it myself or do I need to go to Honda.

I like my CR-V in dash satnav. Honda Thailand has never offered any support, even when it was just a few years old. Garmin has revamped the way they sell maps and updates online, and nothing is available for our built in Panasonic units.

I had to resort to finding map files online and copying them to the honda sd card in the CR-V. Other sd cards don’t seem to work. It is nice to have new maps as they provide more display options.

If you want to buy from Lazada for 850 Bt, the maps are the same as used in Kenwood units.

good luck!

• Like 1