Topping up phone via computer

brianthainess

I used to be able to top up my phone on the internet/lap top using my debit card, AIS & DTAC, but for months now have been unable, tried 2 different bank cards. Is it no longer possible it just stays on "processing" but never does.   am i missing something.?

• Like 1

Have you tried using a different browser? Do you use an adblocker addon? If yes, try disabling it.

Instead of using the mobile provider's website and your debit card, you could also use the online banking (or the phone app) from your bank, i think they all provide options to topup your phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Thanks but i do not have online banking here, i will have to set it up again.

I used to use the online version of "My AIS", not for payment but adding services when I needed. A while back they discontinued the online version, I think it is still there but doesn't work.

They introduced "My AIS" as a phone app and I have to use that now. Top up is available on the app with a variety of options including credit/debit cards.

I have had the same voice only sim for about 12 years now and have always done top up by online banking.

Similar problem for me, tried to top up my AIS sim here in Cambodia using my computer and my Bangkok Bank "Mastercard" debit card. All I kept getting was "unable to process". It was only to keep the account active for incoming calls and bank alerts, but now I have a Cambodian "Smart" sim and I am still in the process of having all my pensions paid into my Cambodian account due to the lengthy documentation processing time due to Covid-19.

15 hours ago, chilly07 said:

I always go to the network providers web site and do it there using a debit card. I wouldn't use any old top up site as there is no recourse. Bit fiddly but always works for me

Yeh thats exactly what i do, but now can't get payment to go through. never found it fiddly though.

23 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Do you have online banking? I top up my phone direct from my bank account. You only have to set it up once and you are good to go. 

I tried the direct payee method and there were several True Move options. I went to Bangkok Bank to determine which to use. The rep there couldn't determine either and pulled out her phone to say I should use the True app. I decline to put that stuff on my phone so just pay at the True kiosk at Tesco now. Another curious failure of information from people who should know. I've largely given up in these situations. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 11:08 AM, VBF said:

Are you doing this from Thailand or abroad @Severin ?

If the latter how does it convert the $ or £ or € as AIS needs you to top up an exact amount of Baht....I think.

What's your experience please.

I am doing it from Norway, just small amounts to extend date of validity.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

As I cannot get back to Thailand for a while, I successfully used Ding to top my AIS phone up from here in UK. I payed Ding with PayPal

I've extracted the following from one of my posts on another thread  https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1203489-closure-of-bank-account-with-siam-bank/?do=findComment&comment=16211885 Another poster had pointed out that Ding was actually quite expensive for small top-up amounts (10Baht) but decreases pro-rata if you top up more.

Ding is not cheap - from my records:  11-01-21 Sent 10 Baht via PayPal (£0.65)    

Assuming a rate of £1 = approx 40 Baht, £0.65  = approx 26Baht, subtract the 10Baht top up, leaving 16Baht charge is actually about 160%!

From the Ding site, looking at my History, each topup (I made 6 in total) looks like this (amount close enough to the above to not matter):

image.png.f484cf7320343b8afcca5e87d4922f76.png

If I'm honest, I didn't look that closely at the Ding site to see that the processing fee effectively drops if you send a larger amount - there is no actual list of charges shown.

So I got on to Ding's "Chat" and asked "each topup attracts a processing fee. How is that calculated? "

The reply was:

AGENT: Before paying for a top-up, you will see an Order Summary which shows the total amount you'll pay, including fees. 
It's all done automatically by our system so there is no list of fees for each operator. 
It can change from time to time depending on differing exchange rates 

Not s problem for me in this (emergency) situation because having said all that, my Thai phone is now valid to 20-09-21 and the exercise cost me a total of £3.90 which doesn't bother me - it's less than one of the many pints of beer I haven't been able to buy recently. ????

I could have topped up my phone straight from my SCB account, but that requires a minimum 50 Baht per top-up - come September, if I use Ding again, maybe I'll just go for 20Baht per top-up.

Edited by VBF