Snake In Our Kitchen This Morning...

steffi

We had a small snake in our kitchen this morning. Just remember it being grey in color with hints of light green.

It was quite young.

Anyway idea what kind?

Didn't have a large head or anything.

This was out in Don Muang. Security removed it and threw it over the fence.

We had a small snake in our kitchen this morning. Just remember it being grey in color with hints of light green.

It was quite young.

Anyway idea what kind?

Think is wat they call tree snake

Possibly a bemused swamp cobra just asking for directions. :o

//edit/I like to edit

Edited by Thaddeus

i found one behind my bed ( a mattress on the floor) today- quite terrifying as i often hang my hand down there when i sleep. there was also one in my water tank.

It was quite young.

Anyway idea what kind?

If it came to my house it would be called a dead snake.

It was quite young.

Anyway idea what kind?

Probaly a Golden Tree Snake.

Venomous but not seriously not even for kids.

Often seen in Bangkok or in and around houses.

Hunts and eats lizzards.

Most common colour structure is green, black and beige.

Really fast.

post-26248-1178472218_thumb.jpg

It was quite young.

Anyway idea what kind?

Hi Steffi

Might have been a common rat snake.

Harmless and a plus if you are plagued by vermin!!

TBWG :o

About 5 years ago I had a friend who discovered a banded krait in her bathroom. That was in Roi-et Province. Apparently, she ran screaming in one direction and the snake in the other. The banded krait is very poisonous and usually comes out in the evenings, though they are rarely seen. Called ngoo tumtaan in Lao and ngoo simlian (not sure of transliteration) in Thai.

Just one of those creatures would drive me off from the most luxurios, trendy, convenient and biggest villa, castle, palace anywhere in the world. Just the ideea of having such creature on a 10km radius drives me crazy

i found one behind my bed ( a mattress on the floor) today- quite terrifying as i often hang my hand down there when i sleep. there was also one in my water tank.

Are you sure it was not a sptting bed snake :o

Just one of those creatures would drive me off from the most luxurios, trendy, convenient and biggest villa, castle, palace anywhere in the world. Just the ideea of having such creature on a 10km radius drives me crazy

Hmmmm . . . there is a possibility that you are in the wrong country!

:o

JxP

The original home of my wife is a (typical) farm house in the outskirts of Buriram - with a shower room, which has two (nearly horizontal) water outlets (diameter about 13,2 cm/5.2 inches [;-) rough approximation]) on the ground ....

About 4 weeks ago, at 4:17 p.m.!! [rough approximation again], my mother-in-law was "surprised" in that shower-room by a pretty big cobra, who obviously felt attacked by her marching in, and so the snake switched on her "re-attack-mode".

As I have experienced on various occasions, my mother-in-law, in fact, is a tough cookie, - but THIS beast made her so afraid that since then she is intensively considering to move away [to one of my sisters-in-law, who has a house on stilts] as her escape must have been VERY narrow. It took the neighbours more than 2 hours to kill the snake with wooden sticks, as noone had a gun in reach.

The parents had had a snake nest under their water tanks a few years ago, but never had any "close encounter" with the animals [peaceful coexistence seems possible], - but the nest later was "evacuated" by some (hungry ???) farmers.

But actually the next generation seems to return .... In that amphuur several families are reporting that this kind of visitors inside of houses appear now more frequently - especially since it became really hot this year. They assume that the current wheather is even too hot for the snakes, who might be looking for a shelter and prefer a ground with flagstones.

I don't know, if she will really leave her house, but definitely I have changed my preferences now: turned away from buying a nice little townhouse in Lampang and rather think over a condo in the 12th floor of a Chumpon skyscraper [do they have any ? don't think so :-) ], as I've heared, snakes are not allowed in elevators ;-)

Few years ago.

I was reading on the forum when I heard crackling sounds coming from outside. I opened the door to have a look and saw the sky was glowing a bright orange.

I hopped on the m'cycle and went to see what was going up in flames behind the village. On one of the back roads I found out it was a field and heavy brush burning but it was huge and fast approaching one of those 2 floor, long appartment buildings.

There were people standing on the front porch with a few buckets, a lady with a dog in her arms. I decided to take a closer look and offer help if needed. I was in the middle of the parking lot which was lit by the fire only. I saw something moving on the sand. A snake! I looked around, SNAKES fleeing from the fire! EVERYWHERE !!! Most were kind of standing up with their heads up in the air. Many green ones and a few darker ones.

Panic hit me. I was surrounded... I hopped back on the motorcycle, turned around and got the **** out of there. I was still in the driveway when I felt something on my leg, looked down... SNAKE!!! The ###### thing wrappd itself around my leg and proceeded to climb up to the handlebars. I jumped off the motorcycle and ran beside it and the snake fell off.

Now I know why the lady was holding the dog in her arms...

Edited by Tony Clifton