can't get Thai health insurance for obese (109kg)....

villageidiotY2K

Hello folks, i got a Thai friend who is 37 yrs old but weighs 109kg.... (Do not smoke, dont drink alcohol)

He has contacted several local Thai insurance companies, but all being rejected. (not sure how they got back to him)

Is there any methods for getting health insurance for him such as applying overseas broker online?

Could please share your experiences?

Cheerios 

I imagine any international health insurance providers will have similar criteria for insurance. 

Why the need for extra insurance, Thais have free/subsidised health care and most are covered by social security.

Even if self employed/unemployed, your friend can  still pay in to social security.

Look for a stupid nurse.

I weight over 100kg and recently on a checkup in a hospital a nurse checked my blood pressure, weight, etc.

The scale was not reset and when I was standing on it it showed 43kg.

The nurse looked at the display and was about to write 43kg in her form. Then I asked her if maybe she thinks that number is unrealistic for me. She didn't think...

Yes, it really happened, in a private hospital in Bangkok.

Well this dude is only around 155cm tall but weighs 109kg.

He has also provided his health check report, but got declined. 

Maybe they use the BMI or some <deleted> to determine.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I imagine any international health insurance providers will have similar criteria for insurance. 

Why the need for extra insurance, Thais have free/subsidised health care and most are covered by social security.

Even if self employed/unemployed, your friend can  still pay in to social security.

He also got this Thai social health insurance (750B per month), but he doesn't trust the service for major medical care such as cancer or heavy injuries. Also seems theres long waiting period.

Can they even treat cancer, tumor at local Thai hospitals anyway??

I also dont trust the local hospitals and I've got the private insurance 25KB per month(Bangkok life assurance), to cover upto 5MB. Including cancer care, major disease n <deleted>.