China's authorities issue gag order about virus to doctors in Wuhan

webfact

2 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

The way China locked down so rapidly after spreading the virus around the world and their subsequent "sucess'" in controlling it at home does sound like the plot of a conspiracy theory movie. Art imitating life? Bid for world domination? Who knows!

Nah, same as South-Korea they had just had some virusses behind the ears (as we say in NL) and knew what was necessary to do ... and did it.

This really is a GREAT IDEA!!!!  Let me explain why...

I haven't met a non-farang who thinks China had/has a problem with COVID, they believe the numbers.  China should retract about 80,000 cases immediately, or say they were all farangs.

Remember, some people are 100 years behind.....we don't trust the news, other farangs, we trust nobody.

but some people still believe everything.

China will keep about 1 billion "friends" by making up everything.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

The way China locked down so rapidly after spreading the virus around the world and their subsequent "sucess'" in controlling it at home does sound like the plot of a conspiracy theory movie. Art imitating life? Bid for world domination? Who knows!

Ah..conspiracies...plots..

16 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Worried they may be more drug (opium) pushers.  I would be concerned too considering the cruel and exploitative history Britain has with China (and most of the rest of the world).

Well...ya got a lotta tea..but very little hard cash..

Let's sell 'em drugs..lots and lots of drugs...

And then bombard and kill them when the authorities object.

Hard to believe that such a whining,pipsqueek,nothing of a nation could have wielded such vast amoral power only a century ago.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jack Mountain said:

And finally loose and/or write off all their investments in A.? Wasn't there a harbor they build and own? It's all negotiating and tit/tat what's going on and it will last till A. decides to be no longer US poodle ...

In what way, if any, is Australia a US poodle?

You can say they are constrained or empowered, whichever way you want to look at it, by being a member of the Commonwealth, but that still beats being Tibet in the Ocean.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

Bid for world domination?

Cant see that happening, as much as they'd like too, they have'nt had the gonads to take Taiwan back from the Nationalist and are still sabre rattling 70 years after the fact! Wolf Warriors.....No.....Wimp Warriors!

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

Remember, some people are 100 years behind.....we don't trust the news, other farangs, we trust nobody.

Is that a cordial invitation not to trust you?

Back on topic..is there any confirmation (after all it would be big news) that a "gag" order has been issued by the Chinese Gov't to the medical authorities in Wuhan?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Is that a cordial invitation not to trust you?

Back on topic..is there any confirmation (after all it would be big news) that a "gag" order has been issued by the Chinese Gov't to the medical authorities in Wuhan?

More likely a subtle non published, authoritarian threat!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

In what way, if any, is Australia a US poodle?

You can say they are constrained or empowered, whichever way you want to look at it, by being a member of the Commonwealth, but that still beats being Tibet in the Ocean.

You seems a guy who reads things so I don't understand your question.

Where the US goes, Australia goes, Afghanistan, North-Korea, China, 5 Eyes club (mass survaillance) in policy and deeds.

When was the last time they put their foot in the sand and told the US to f of?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, riclag said:

I haven't followed world opinion on  China's maleficent involving their virus  ! I've been preoccupied with Australia and the USA  condemning everything China! Are other countries around the world holding China responsible for  one and half million deaths!

.....and are they wrong or are they right? ????

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

Cant see that happening, as much as they'd like too, they have'nt had the gonads to take Taiwan back from the Nationalist and are still sabre rattling 70 years after the fact! Wolf Warriors.....No.....Wimp Warriors!

Taiwan did a fantastic job containing Covid so far, and their VP is an epidemiologist. Xi Jin Ping has announced his intention to take Taiwan by any means necessary, so Taiwan has done well to prepare for a viral epidemic, since this would be an efficient and deniable way for XJP to disable Taiwan's defenses.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2020 at 4:25 PM, ukrules said:

I read somewhere that the Chinese have started refusing entry to British MPs in government for some reason unknown.

This could just be the CCP spitting out their Dummy over Hong Kong, and the so called " interference from the UK "

• Like 2

1 hour ago, placnx said:

Taiwan did a fantastic job containing Covid so far, and their VP is an epidemiologist. Xi Jin Ping has announced his intention to take Taiwan by any means necessary, so Taiwan has done well to prepare for a viral epidemic, since this would be an efficient and deniable way for XJP to disable Taiwan's defenses.

China has had aspirations to retake Taiwan since 1949 but shake in their shoes when contemplating the response they will get from the USA. They are very good at intimidating smaller, weaker nations! Paper tigers!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

China has had aspirations to retake Taiwan since 1949 but shake in their shoes when contemplating the response they will get from the USA. They are very good at intimidating smaller, weaker nations! Paper tigers!

Obama people were asleep at the switch as China was creating facts in the sea, i.e. those fake islands for "peaceful purposes" in the South China Sea. (Please rename "Southeast Asian Sea".) US forces will now have to stand off pretty far from Taiwan if things heat up.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, placnx said:

Obama people were asleep at the switch as China was creating facts in the sea, i.e. those fake islands for "peaceful purposes" in the South China Sea. (Please rename "Southeast Asian Sea".) US forces will now have to stand off pretty far from Taiwan if things heat up.

I hope they get in there, boots and all and kick Chinese butt!

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 6:35 PM, ChouDoufu said:

it's possible, but seems to be more in line with the "sources say" disinformation you find in the epock times.  a quick bing search didn't find anything else on the topic during the past week.  no other news organizations have picked up on it yet.  surprising given the speed of spread on the intertubes.

until we see some real details, i'll put it in the same category as articles by sidney powell, written for the true believers to have something to link to.

I don't need anything to link to. I made my call on the CCP years ago. It's a blatantly repressive regime that gets worse everyday.

How much information does someone need to come to the obvious conclusions? China blinds, gags, and deafens it's citizens daily and has nothing to export but more of the same. There is absolutely no reason to believe this will change. 

• Like 1

Not to worry. The CCP now say the virus began in India and spread to Australia. Apart from having issues with many counties around the world, the CCP doesn’t have a particular beef with India or Australia, does it? 

I remember when this all started. The CCP were very quick to come out and say it started in a wet market in Wuhan. A government official even referred to it himself as the “Wuhan Virus”. I guess they thought it wasn’t so serious at the beginning. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I don't need anything to link to. I made my call on the CCP years ago. It's a blatantly repressive regime that gets worse everyday.

How much information does someone need to come to the obvious conclusions? China blinds, gags, and deafens it's citizens daily and has nothing to export but more of the same. There is absolutely no reason to believe this will change. 

China goes through phases. In the 80s there was a seeming trend to more open society, but then there was Tienanmen in 1989. It was never the CCP's intention to be more democratic. Rather it was more to accommodate the delusions of public intellectuals in the West and to aid the agenda of Boeing et al who wanted to enrich China to the point that they could sell a lot of planes, etc. It was a very unequal tradeoff.

Basically, the structure and bias of Chinese culture and society will favor an authoritarian boss, currently Xi Jin Ping. For the West, Xi Jin Ping was an accident waiting to happen, as was the current pandemic. The technology to repress the Wuhan docs and everybody else was gladly transferred from Europe.

This unfortunately is a situation created by the West, first by Kissinger/Nixon in 1972, later by the rush of greedy companies that handed over their technology for ephemeral profits, only to see their markets grabbed worldwide by subsidized erstwhile joint partners in the not-too-distant future!

As long as the CCP is in power, the China Rise chauvinism will continue in whatever guise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, placnx said:

Really and where did you pick up this gem of historical wisdom from; The Daily Express or FOX and Friends?

Edited by LomSak27

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

really?  you don't need to check whether the latest rumour is just more disinformation?  so if it fits your particular narrative, you'll believe it without question?  that's what, confirmation bias, or something? 

as to this particular bit of disinformation, it's been another 24 hours and mr. googles only gives a few hits in the past week for "wuhan doctor gag order,"  actually fewer hits than yesterday.  it's still up at the original "source" (anonymous sources say!), while the moderator of the reddit page covering the flu has removed the link and locked the thread.   it's up on alkhaleejtoday and en24news. 

as i said before, it is indeed possible, but nobody has seen any evidence.