Growing Jasmine

My wife sister wants her to buy 1 Rai of land for her so she can grow Jamine flowers.

Its about 350,000 baht for the Rai.

I told my wife its ********.

Has anyone out their grown Jamine flowers?

How many kilos per Rai can one get if one planted flowers

I cann't even believe sister will planted a flower or even buy the land.

I have no money to give would rather give the boot to wife.

Edited by esbobes

I know nothing about growing jasmine....but I do know that 350,000 baht for one rai is definitely too high a price to pay for agricultural land. I paid 85,000 baht for some of my land and my attitude is that it is almost impossible to get a return from agriculture on this land that would justify that price. I paid that much because this land is adjacent to my home and it is a buffer against neighbors moving in next door...and also possibly might be developed as building sites after I have died...but I'm not thinking that the financial return from farming in any way justifies paying that price.

Chownah

Are you sure thats not a typo, dont you mean 35,000 ?

350 k per Rai is for a nice building plot with Chanote title in an up & coming development area with water, electric & paved access.

No its 350 no typo Evert 6 months I get this ******** never went for it but getting sick of it.

edit...I have no money to give would rather give the boot to wife.

Seems you have answered your own question and just looking for confirmation/support. Sounds like the "boot" is on the horizon. What size shoe do you wear?

rgds and good luck.

My wife sister wants her to buy 1 Rai of land for her so she can grow Jamine flowers.

Corner kick, or penalty kick?

Either way, make it a high, hard one...

My wife has asking to buy land for the last 4 years, the answer is always NO.

350k per rai is a typical rate for prime building land, as another poster already pointed out. If she seriously wants this land for agriculture then, at the least, she has no business sense, as it will take an awfully long time to gain a return on that investment - I don't know what jasmine goes for, but I doubt it's high enough to justify this - if it was everybody would be growing it, and on much cheaper land.

Typical agricultural land, with some sort of transferrable title, should go for 40k to 80k per rai. Agricultural land in her village can go for as little as 20k baht per rai with no title.

Anyway, she's either addled or trying to con you. Either way, it's not a good idea.

On the other hand, if she's totally serious about wanting to go into the jasmine business, and you feel like humoring your wife, then suggest a business partnership in which you have the say over which land, at what price, and you hold some interest in a long-term lease of the land. Also, I doubt one rai is enough to make a living on - like I said, I don't know the jasmine market, but if it's in line with more common crops, she'll need at least 20 rai to make a go of it.

It's much easier to just tell your sister-in-law you're not a complete idiot, and to quit bothering you. If your wife gives you grief about it, then she's in on trying to con you, too. Not really an ideal life mate.

Best of luck.

Repeatedly and specifically this piece of land - as opposed to any other, or another pice of land which would suffice just as well?

MF

Repeatedly and specifically this piece of land - as opposed to any other, or another pice of land which would suffice just as well?

MF

It has been the same land as it is  near her familiy slum.   I have the feeling they will never plant one Jamine.  I realize this a sweet heart deal. But I want to known more about buying farm land.

anyway in Central Thailand. 

esbobes,

You can find ag-land for as little as 5,000 baht per land in Central Thailand. As others have said, the price tag your family mentioned couldn't be justified for agricultural use.

Rgds

Khonwan

350k per rai is a typical rate for prime building land, as another poster already pointed out. If she seriously wants this land for agriculture then, at the least, she has no business sense, as it will take an awfully long time to gain a return on that investment - I don't know what jasmine goes for, but I doubt it's high enough to justify this - if it was everybody would be growing it, and on much cheaper land.

Typical agricultural land, with some sort of transferrable title, should go for 40k to 80k per rai. Agricultural land in her village can go for as little as 20k baht per rai with no title.

Anyway, she's either addled or trying to con you. Either way, it's not a good idea.

On the other hand, if she's totally serious about wanting to go into the jasmine business, and you feel like humoring your wife, then suggest a business partnership in which you have the say over which land, at what price, and you hold some interest in a long-term lease of the land. Also, I doubt one rai is enough to make a living on - like I said, I don't know the jasmine market, but if it's in line with more common crops, she'll need at least 20 rai to make a go of it.

It's much easier to just tell your sister-in-law you're not a complete idiot, and to quit bothering you. If your wife gives you grief about it, then she's in on trying to con you, too. Not really an ideal life mate.

Best of luck.

Thanks a Lot I agree 100 Per Cent

Edited by esbobes

It has been the same land as it is  near her familiy slum.   I have the feeling they will never plant one Jamine.  I realize this a sweet heart deal. But I want to known more about buying farm land.

anyway in Central Thailand. 

What type of title is on the land and who is the holder? A relative perhaps? Where in Central Thailand are you and what size "boot" do you wear?

rgds