Ps3 From Play-asia

Hey thanks for the tip. Last time I was looking in Thailand, the price was a lot more than that.

Do you know if they have been modified at all? I would actually prefer a pristine machine seeing as the games are region free. I got my PS2 modified in Thailand and the chip that was used stopped the DVD player from working :o Being able to use the blu-ray for movies is also one of the reasons for buying.

Hey thanks for the tip. Last time I was looking in Thailand, the price was a lot more than that.

Do you know if they have been modified at all? I would actually prefer a pristine machine seeing as the games are region free. I got my PS2 modified in Thailand and the chip that was used stopped the DVD player from working :o Being able to use the blu-ray for movies is also one of the reasons for buying.

For your DVD player: put in a DVD, turn off the machine. Turn it on and keep pressing the button for 5 seconds.

if that does not help, try to turn on with a double press of the button (like double klick).

Most chips support that to turn off....

Don't worry about it being chipped .... Playstation 3's haven't been cracked yet, so they are brand new not been touched inside......

I am waiting for it to be cracked, when it is and it is only a matter of time, I will buy one :o

I have ordered 3 times from playasia, and every time ive been taxed. On the ps3 you would be taxed 40% so not worth buying from them. Only good for ordering accesories. Dvd's and electronics are heavily taxed. MBK 6th floor or have a look at http://www.super-rich.com/home.asp both reliable.

What name did you get it sent to? They have a habbit of only taxing stuff sent to foreigners :o

I have ordered 3 times from playasia, and every time ive been taxed. On the ps3 you would be taxed 40% so not worth buying from them. Only good for ordering accesories. Dvd's and electronics are heavily taxed. MBK 6th floor or have a look at http://www.super-rich.com/home.asp both reliable.

What name did you get it sent to? They have a habbit of only taxing stuff sent to foreigners :o

Wife's name, also her friends that bought some stuff for there wii (thai) were taxed also.

• 4 weeks later...

I've decided against getting a PS3 now. However, I would like to pick up Guitar Hero 1 and 2 for our PS2. Can you buy the guitar controllers in Thailand? I asked for them in Pattaya about four months ago but they didn't have any then. Are they available in Bangkok or (even better) in Phuket? and what price would I expect?

If they're not available, I think I'll bring one with me when I come back in about 10 days, although I'd rather not have to carry one in my luggage.

Cheaper to buy here too, well then in the Uk anyway ..... This is a reliable place to buy from in MBK, 6th Floor

http://www.j-signature.com/cgi-bin/show.php?page=index

21,900 with 2 games and 15 demos on the hard drive

Wow - the prices sure have dropped dramatically since last time I checked.

Does the PS3 play nice with a brand new 1366x something (720p I think) Samsung LCD TV? What do I have to watch out for? I have never used the two HDMI ins on that TV. I just heard that there are different HDMI versions around so would be nice to know.

Which games can you recommend? I am mostly interested in seeing some stunning graphics on that HDTV... :o

So even if a single game was ordered which I assume they would send in something like an A4 envelope, it would get taxed @ 40%?

Also, how long does it take the usual suspects in MBK to get the latest releases from the official release date?

• 9 months later...
MBK 6th floor or have a look at http://www.super-rich.com/home.asp both reliable.

I don't find super-rich.com reliable at all. First they replied to all my e-mails quickly, a guy called "Prasert Silatrakul" saying they have an xbox in stock and send their bank account details. After sending them the payment for the xbox, shipping and some games, they have not replied to e-mails or sms anymore for 3 days now, no word if they intent to ship my order or what. Now I got a friend to call them and they turned off both mobile numbers they have on the website.

Looks like I'm out 19k.

Use www.nadzproject.com

I have ordered all my stuff from here in the past, (360, Games, controllers, etc) They always reply English email ...fast delivery of 2 days tops to Samui form BK. Good safe packaging also.

I will order the PS3 next few months also form here.

Hey 360 price cut in Europe! so maybe PS3 will have drop soon also?

• 6 months later...

Are there any English speaking PS3 communities/forum in Thailand that anyone knows of? I just bought a PS3 and most of the online Thai PS3 forums are in Thai which I can read, but can't type, so that makes for a difficult time to communicate.

If anyone here is up to the likes of playing online, sharing games, etc, let me know. :o

Edited by rawnnie

I follow a Thai language board for home theater and computer users daily, and the people posting there report being taxed for the BluRay discs, media players and other media and electronics related stuff they buy from abroad. With few exceptions they are Thais with Thai names.

Are there any English speaking PS3 communities/forum in Thailand that anyone knows of? I just bought a PS3 and most of the online Thai PS3 forums are in Thai which I can read, but can't type, so that makes for a difficult time to communicate.

If anyone here is up to the likes of playing online, sharing games, etc, let me know. :o

Rawnie, you can add me, my psn is : Thaicowman.

Rawnie, you can add me, my psn is : Thaicowman.

Thanks, I've added you.