AQI Monitor

Forza2002

2 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Is that Thai standards?

I don't know, maybe, i just had this picture saved on my computer.

I just remember: PM2.5 higher than 50 means unhealthy, that's enough information for my personal use.

• Like 1

Install the Air Visual app on your smartphone or tablet. It will give you air quality readings in the US and Chinese AQI as well as PM 2,5 and more. Information will show the reading of their nearest station as well as at thousands of global & national stations plus a global ranking table. And all at no cost! Along with my indoor Kaiterra monitor I can check the air quality in real time and use my air purifiers accordingly. I recently installed new HEPA filters and water diffusers in my purifiers as the local air quality has regularly been in the unhealthy zone, and in the early morning it is possible to to smell the biomass burning that is going on, and I am located near Central Festival in CM.

If you are interested to see your actual value of PM 2.5 and the WHO and Thai AQI (the Thai AQI is different then the WHO) then I can help you.

I developed a PM 2.5 sensor with a AQI Monitor software which can be connected to every WIN 10 computer or Linux. The AQI Software has recording mode which enables you to make charts or just check back.

I have 2 sensors running 24/7 and check in my living room as well as outside, that shows ma nicely the efficiency of my air purifier and makes me feel better if I see what the outside pollution is.

If you interested you can let me know by PM, you can have a look at it as it is running here at my home just outside CNX

K1024_DSC_2677.JPG

outside mount.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

who.png

Thailand doesn't achieve these guidelines, if this is your limit you should not live in Thailand. You would have to stay inside with an air purifier year round, or wear a N95 mask any time you go outside.

In my house and most others in Thailand, the inside air is the same stuff as the outside air.  That's true for indoor shopping malls as well.  Unless your home is airtight (or close to it), an air purifier won't help much.  Staying indoors in the coming months won't help most people.

On another thought, I've been wondering the past few months why many of the reporting stations have disappeared or been inactive on the aqicn website.  I like to check the stats in my area, but lately I find only sketchy, infrequent reporting.  As an example, Nakhorn Ping Hospital's reporting was last available on July 15.

https://aqicn.org/station/thailand/chiang-mai-province/อุทยานดาราศาสตร์สิรินธร-(สดร.)-อ.แม่ริม-จ.เชียงใหม่

On 12/9/2020 at 9:10 AM, MrBrad said:

In my house and most others in Thailand, the inside air is the same stuff as the outside air.  That's true for indoor shopping malls as well.  Unless your home is airtight (or close to it), an air purifier won't help much.  Staying indoors in the coming months won't help most people.

This is wrong. An air purifier in a room with standard Thai windows / doors works well, no need to make it airtight.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jackdd said:

This is wrong. An air purifier in a room with standard Thai windows / doors works well, no need to make it airtight.

Absolutely agree.

Otherwise you'd have to make a room airtight for air conditioning or central heating!

I suppose you could try not breathing for a few hours.

• Like 1