VPN question

taiwanatoa

11 hours ago, taiwanatoa said:

Does anyone know if a free vpn will be effective for opening a PayPal account in the US. from here in Thailand?

Or else, which one is the cheapest?

I opened a Paypal acc. in Holland from Thailand using a VPN.

Avast Securline I used, you can try it first one month without any payment or creditcard registration. So free.

One remark, to get access to that PP account I have to use the VPN and let it land in Holland.

12 hours ago, Jack Mountain said:

I opened a Paypal acc. in Holland from Thailand using a VPN.

Avast Securline I used, you can try it first one month without any payment or creditcard registration. So free.

One remark, to get access to that PP account I have to use the VPN and let it land in Holland.

But then maybe after one month if you don't pay for it  would PayPal be able to  know that you are in Thailand ?

• Like 1

Just now, taiwanatoa said:

But then maybe after one month if you don't pay for it  would PayPal be able to  know that you are in Thailand ?

Oh, sorry. I see. You really do need to use it every time. 

So my question is still:   I wonder if a free vpn would be alright.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, taiwanatoa said:

Yes. Maybe as mentioned above Opera will be the solution, when you can open the account with it then afterwards it will work aswell.

15 hours ago, taiwanatoa said:

What if the payment is made in one month? What will happen?I think there are few free software that can do this, maybe it will only provide free service for the first month, and then you need to pay for it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 7:24 AM, Paiman said:

You could install the OPERA Browser. There is a VPN integrated and the continent for VPN setting can be selected.

Opera only allows you to choose Americas region, not guaranteed a US IP address.

I heard Firefox may be have a free VPN service now too, but I haven't tried.

Windscribe VPN, 10GB a month free, I used it for a few weeks free, then upgraded to the Pro version, no pressure to buy but 10GB wasn't enough for my needs, the yearly upgrade was about 1500 Baht.

Give the free version a go, if you only use it for PayPal then 10Gb maybe enough ???? 

Free VPN?

So you want to set up a Very Private Network or a Virtual P N but you want to use something that is internet Free?

With all the scams on the internet out there, why would you take the chance of using a free application to do banking?

Doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2020 at 7:13 PM, taiwanatoa said:

No. A free VPN is never worth it. They frequently leak, have viruses, malware and keep listing. The idea of using free software for your banking is not advisable. A real VPN is only 50 quid a year

• Like 1