Meryl Streep is the most underrated actor in Hollywood – seriously

snoop1130

Meryl Streep is the most underrated actor in Hollywood – seriously

By Adam White

GettyImages-2662157.jpg

‘Streep’s apparent greatness is now treated as so inevitable, so unremarkable, so boring, that it has taken her full circle' (Evening Standard/Getty Images)

As she collected her third Oscar in 2012, Meryl Streep guessed what everyone was thinking.

“I had this feeling,” she joked on stage, “that I could hear half of America going, ‘Oh no! Oh, come on, why? Her? Again?!’”

It was a self-deprecating line that got a laugh, but only because it was grounded in truth.

Streep – perennially praised, comfortably ensconced in the cinematic establishment, and the recipient of the most Oscar nominations in history – was winning yet another Academy Award.

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/meryl-streep-performances-the-prom-b1767964.html

• Confused 1

I call total BS on that one and how I hate the words under- and overrated because 99% of people misuse it just like in this article yet again.

While there is no best actor in my opinion because there’s just too many chameleons out there, I mean how would you choose between let’s say Dustin Hoffman and Daniel Day Lewis, there is definitely a best actress ever - and it is Meryl Streep! Anyone who knows the first thing about acting knows that she’s phenomenal! To call her underrated is an outrage! She could play Batman and she would be fricking awesome! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think the writer understands what the word underrated means. I am sure that there many actors out there that are way more underrated. We don't know who they are because they are underrated, and Hollywood just uses the same stable year after year.

Streep can hardly be called underrated, as she has received numerous rewards and tons of acclaim. She is a solid actor but her movies generally suck, and she had a part in Mama Mia, which really says a lot about her taste.

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I don't think the writer understands what the word underrated means. I am sure that there many actors out there that are way more underrated. We don't know who they are because they are underrated, and Hollywood just uses the same stable year after year.

Streep can hardly be called underrated, as she has received numerous rewards and tons of acclaim. She is a solid actor but her movies generally suck, and she had a part in Mama Mia, which really says a lot about her taste.

Thankfully her character had died when they made the sequel to Mama Mia, so I was spared cringing throughout.

They still managed to put her in at the end, in a scene that was rather creepy, IMO.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 12/10/2020 at 5:01 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Thankfully her character had died when they made the sequel to Mama Mia, so I was spared cringing throughout.

They still managed to put her in at the end, in a scene that was rather creepy, IMO.

There was a sequel...? That is the most shocking thing I have heard in a while