Mexican Ambassador to thailand H.E. Mr. Bernardo Cordova Tello

snoop1130

Mexican Ambassador to thailand H.E. Mr. Bernardo Cordova Tello

by Expat Life 

unnamed-1170x781.jpg

Expat Life had the opportunity to interview the Mexican Ambassador to Thailand H.E. Mr. Jaime Nualart and find out more about his life as a diplomat and his post to Thailand.

How long have you been the Ambassador to Thailand?

I arrived to Thailand on October 26th 2019. This means I have been in Thailand for a little more than 9 months.

Did you arrive to Thailand directly from home, or were you posted somewhere else before?

My wife and I came from Turkey where I was Ambassador of Mexico. I feel very lucky, because as Ambassador, I have been honoured to serve in two important countries for Mexico, both with a millenary history.

Where were you born and brought up?

I was born in Mexico, in the state of Michoacan. Which is located in Western Mexico and has a stretch of coastline on the Pacific Ocean to the Southwest. It is one of the 32 states which comprise the Federal Entities of Mexico. The state is divided into 113 municipalities and its capital city is Morelia. My family moved to Mexico City when I was a young boy. So I grew up and studied in Mexico City.

At which age did you decide you wanted to become a diplomat? 

I chose Social Sciences in my senior high school year, which was a requirement in the Mexican education system to be able to later study International Relations.

However, my interest in diplomacy started when I was a young elementary school student. I had keenly studied world history. I was not only passionate about the great civilisations but also about the 20th century history, particularly, the I and II World Wars, the Korean and Vietnam Wars. My parents were very keen on their children being well informed of what was happening both in Mexico and across the world. With this background it was natural that I went to university to study International Relations and later on, that I applied and became a member of the Mexican Foreign Service. 

Are there any other diplomats in your family?

I have a brother and an uncle who were also part of the Foreign Service for some years. 

How do you see Thailand today, have there been any obstacles in your way since you arrived?

For me it was surprising to see a modern and vibrant city like Bangkok which accurately reflects the dynamism and modernity of Thailand. I have observed a country that works well and grows day after day. In this short period I have been witness of the great and successful work that the Thai government and society have done to combat the Covid-19 pandemic. It is a fine example to the world and I congratulate Thailand for this.

Far from finding obstacles, I have found coincidences with Mexico. Thailand has been a welcoming country, where I have found happy, hardworking people, always willing to help, warm and welcoming to foreigners.

Do you see any similarities between your country and Thailand?

Despite our geographical distance, I see many similarities between Mexico and Thailand. Both of our peoples inherit traditions and knowledge from millenary cultures. In both societies, religion is of great significance and relevant. Family bonds are important to both societies. Mexicans and Thais are both proud of their history and they love their food and culinary customs. Both countries share a modern emerging economy and have similar visions about the main challenges in today’s world.

Do you have children? What age and where do they go to school?

We only have one daughter. She lives and studies in Madrid, currently finishing her last year in Graphic Design. Diplomatic family life is not always easy, because our children grow up in a constantly changing environment and therefore sometimes families have to be split up.

Full Story: https://expatlifeinthailand.com/featured/mexican-ambassador-to-thailand-h-e-mr-bernardo-cordova-tello/

expat.png

-- © Copyright Expat Life in Thailand 2020-12-10

Mexico?    Nigeria with tacos.   Maybe he can get some of the 15 million illegals in the USA to move to Thailand.   Then they can see how a real country treats border jumpers.  Don't think they will like it.  No welfare, free education, free health care, lefties hiding you in their basement, $25/hr cash jobs.   Yep, rest of the world is not as generous as oppressive racists America.