Repatriation of Thai from Ecuador

I plan to relocate to Ecuador mid January and would like to take my Thai GF of many years.  However, in the event she does not like it there or other issues dictate a return to Thailand, will there be any problems for her to return?   Ecuador is listed by the CDC as a level 4 (high) risk for covid. 

I assume the quarantine may still be in effect and hopefully, she can stay at a Thai facility but is there a waiting list or special requirements for entry?   Initially, I prefer to travel alone,  get established and then send for her as I suspect that she may have issues with the food, lack of family or other Thais, high altitude and cool weather etc. but I said I would check and would like to be prepared. If there are too many variables, I may just have to say its not possible until the virus restrictions are lifted.     

Bickering posts removed

As you're asking about a return to Thailand, I'll move your question to the appropriate forum.

As your girlfriend is Thai she is allowed to return to here to her home country, you're right in saying that she'll currently need to quarantine on her return.

She will need to contact the Thai Embassy that handles Certificates of Entry and other requirements for Thai nationals in Ecuador, Thailand only has an Honory Consul there, and I pretty sure they don't issue CoE's.

https://www.consuladotailandia.com/web_en/index.php/about/ 

On 12/14/2020 at 11:12 AM, theoldgit said:

Bickering posts removed

As you're asking about a return to Thailand, I'll move your question to the appropriate forum.

As your girlfriend is Thai she is allowed to return to here to her home country, you're right in saying that she'll currently need to quarantine on her return.

She will need to contact the Thai Embassy that handles Certificates of Entry and other requirements for Thai nationals in Ecuador, Thailand only has an Honory Consul there, and I pretty sure they don't issue CoE's.

https://www.consuladotailandia.com/web_en/index.php/about/ 

Thanks, that helpful information and a good place to start. I think I will go alone first and get settled in a bit and then send for her.  Maybe the covid restrictions will be lifted or diminished and she can contact the Thai authorities regarding the current regulations before leaving.   

• Like 1

The lack of humidity and dryness of the air will be a major problem for her I would bet you. Make sure she stocks up on creams and inhalers as that is what she is going to want. Good luck, especially with Ecuador.