Saudis Behead Two Thais

taxexile

Ahlan wa sahlan!Ryiad Airport and University City at the time of the stormy of the Mosque in Meccah,and the100 or so beheadings,in all part of the Country;good money,indeed,but nothing else!

Quit later at the Jidda Airport,if you stay in Saudia too long,You end mad! :o

Edited by abdulrahman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If guilty great. I wouldn't go there for a gold pig. I will, on occasion, fly through it but I will never set foot on their soil.

100 years ago they were running around the desert cutting people's heads off because they liked it. In 100 years time, they will be running around the desert cutting people's heads off because they like it. If they didn't have oil, they would never have stopped running around the desert cutting people's heads off because they like it.

Honestly, I think Genghis Khan was too soft on the lot of them. He should have razed them to the ground and salted the earth so that they would never have come back at all. Any society that openly beheads people after sham trials and considers stoning for adultery as a norm is not worthy of any consideration of being "civilized" at all.

Edited by wintermute

I found myself asking the question - Would they would have executed two westerners for the same offence?

MM

Such a situation would be less likely to happen. There are no tourist visas to KSA. Westerners, Thais, Indians, Pakistanis and Phillipinos go there to work. Westerners get paid much more money than "third country nationals" and are also screened carefully in their home countries before going to work in KSA. I'm speaking as an ex- manpower-recruiter for the biggest oil company there.

In a nutshell, nobody gives a darn about muslims killing thousands and thousands of people all over the world in bomb attacks and all kinds of terrorist acts, but when they catch low life criminals in their countries they can behead them as a natural thing to do :o

I found myself asking the question - Would they would have executed two westerners for the same offence?

MM

Such a situation would be less likely to happen. There are no tourist visas to KSA. Westerners, Thais, Indians, Pakistanis and Phillipinos go there to work. Westerners get paid much more money than "third country nationals" and are also screened carefully in their home countries before going to work in KSA. I'm speaking as an ex- manpower-recruiter for the biggest oil company there.

As an ex-recruiter, you will be aware that non-American westerners were and possibly still are counted as TCN's (Third Country Nationals). Westerners do get more money than others but this is worked out on trade wage of the country plus a premium and not based on racial lines.

Back on topic. When you go to foreign climes to work/live then you are subject to their laws, if you disagree with their laws then fly home. The two Thais were charged with smuggling 'a "large quantity of hashish" into the kingdom hidden inside sporting equipment.', tried and punished under Saudi law; end of story.

i dont believe in closing my eyes to some of the harsher realities of what goes on in the world these days.

Dose that mean that if you were in Saudi Arabia you would attend a public execution?

MM

Yes - attended one in Saudi - "guest" (great host he was, er....) of the local John Deere importer some years back - who took me to a double chopping in Riyahd after Friday prayers (Saudi head-chopping almost always takes place after Friday prayers - very unusual for it to occur on a Monday).

Has to be the way I'd want to go if facing capital punishment - that or proper judicial hanging - our revoltion and fear is much cultural, but ask any medic (doc) - can't get much quicker.

Saudi also practises judicial hanging in certain cases.

MF

Honestly, I think Genghis Khan was too soft on the lot of them[/u][/b]. He should have razed them to the ground and salted the earth so that they would never have come back at all. Any society that openly beheads people after sham trials and considers stoning for adultery as a norm is not worthy of any consideration of being "civilized" at all.

Genghis Khan was in Saudi Arabia? what school (if any besides kindergarten) did you attend? :o

MM

but visitor visas are available if you have friends who act as sponsors and invite you. my wife and me visit Saudi Arabia and these deplorable "Ayrabs" at least once and sometimes even twice a year. of course we are always very careful and wear armours to protect ourselves against sword chops.

Honestly, I think Genghis Khan was too soft on the lot of them[/u][/b]. He should have razed them to the ground and salted the earth so that they would never have come back at all. Any society that openly beheads people after sham trials and considers stoning for adultery as a norm is not worthy of any consideration of being "civilized" at all.

Genghis Khan was in Saudi Arabia? what school (if any besides kindergarten) did you attend? :o

The Mongol empire did stretch into that region of the world. Maybe Genghis Khan himself wasn't there but his sons were. At the time the saudi state did not exist but the people were under the direct influence of the preceding muslim caliphates who were dominated by the Mongols. Maybe you're the one who needs an education.

Edited by wintermute

In a nutshell, nobody gives a darn about muslims killing thousands and thousands of people all over the world in bomb attacks and all kinds of terrorist acts, but when they catch low life criminals in their countries they can behead them as a natural thing to do :o

Seems like you are watching a lot of fox news :D

What do you call the worthless attack on Afghanistan and Iraq that claimed the lives of thousands and thousands of innocent people (who were Muslims as well).

I do not support the capital punishment, but I also do not support the mindless bashing as well. I also do not support any type of killings, whether it is in the name of punishment or so called "war of terrorism". :D

http://www.zmag.org/podurstop.htm

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...1174682,00.html

What I think is of more value is that we should not divide the humanity based on religions. Very few people among Muslims and non-Muslims are doing the bad things but the bad names are given to the whole community. I believe that a lot of Americans do not like the war now and similarly, most Muslims do not like the killings. Just because of Bush or Bin Laden, we start killing each other. Is it sensible? :D

Edited by ajarnmark

The Mongol empire did stretch into that region of the world. Maybe Genghis Khan himself wasn't there but his sons were. At the time the saudi state did not exist but the people were under the direct influence of the preceding muslim caliphates who were dominated by the Mongols. Maybe you're the one who needs an education,

<deleted>.

pleased to meet you <deleted>. my name is Naam.

concerning the mongol empire... is that what the preacher man taught you in sunday school in the Ozark mountains were you grew up?

The Mongol empire did stretch into that region of the world. Maybe Genghis Khan himself wasn't there but his sons were. At the time the saudi state did not exist but the people were under the direct influence of the preceding muslim caliphates who were dominated by the Mongols. Maybe you're the one who needs an education.

I believe that Dr. Naam is right and he gave the right comments for WM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_Empire

I could not find that Saudi Arabia was under Mongols control any time in the history. If you find anything, please do enlighten all of us. :D

Edited by ajarnmark

i dont believe in closing my eyes to some of the harsher realities of what goes on in the world these days.

Dose that mean that if you were in Saudi Arabia you would attend a public execution?

MM

I would love to attend a public execution if it was possible, as long as it was a real execution of a criminal that has broken the law (not like the racial public executions that have been taking place in the south lately) and as long as the execution was carried out properly. I think a beheading followed by a hanging would be the best to see live................

The drug trafiking penalties are similar here so apart from the fact that these guys only had hash, there shouldn't be a problem with this execution. I doubt Thailand will and has executed someone for hash for a long time, but the death penalty is the penalty here and can be enforced if needed.

MM

Such a situation may be less lightly to happen but what if 2 westerners got caught with say 2kg of cocaine - would they behead them?

I believe that Dr. Naam is right and he gave the right comments for WM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_Empire

I could not find that Saudi Arabia was under Mongols control any time in the history. If you find anything, please do enlighten all of us. :D

Like I said before Saudi Arabia did not exist in the 13th century the people were part of the Abbasid Caliphate at the time which was the ruling muslim empire of that entire region. This was in turn conquered by Hulagu Khan of the Mongols.

leaving aside genghis khan and whether he did or didnt conquer the arabian peninsula , does anybody have any information about the two thais that were executed , did anybody pick anything up in the thai press?

Such a situation may be less lightly to happen but what if 2 westerners got caught with say 2kg of cocaine - would they behead them?

there have been several cases of westerners being executed. last known case was a german citizen executed in Riyadh in august 2004 who's chilean wife tried to bring an unknown amount of cocaine from Colombia in condoms she swallowed into K.S.A. strangely the wife was deported after serving only 1½ years in prison but the husband who swore he forced her to commit the crime was executed.

strict media and other kind of censorship is suppressing these "undesirable" facts.

Like I said before Saudi Arabia did not exist in the 13th century the people were part of the Abbasid Caliphate at the time which was the ruling muslim empire of that entire region.

the arabian peninsula, respectively the area now known as al-Mamlaka al-Arabiya as-Sa'udia, was never ruled as a whole in all history until Abdul-Aziz bin-Abdul-Rahman al-Saud conquered most of the areas and married a bunch of daughters of the remaining tribal chiefs.

take this from a bloody german who speaks and writes fluently arabic and (once) pursued the hobby of studying arab/islamic history.

leaving aside genghis khan and whether he did or didnt conquer the arabian peninsula , does anybody have any information about the two thais that were executed , did anybody pick anything up in the thai press?

Nothing at all, I wonder why?

MM

last known case was a german citizen executed in Riyadh in august 2004

do you have any reference to any reprt about that or any other westerner who has been executed in saudi arabia?

there was a scotsman sentenced to death by public crucifixion in 2003 for allegedly being involved in a bomb plot , but he was eventually freed.

i have never heard of a westerner being executed in saudi

i dont like the idea of capitol punishment

but i dont like the idea of people sneaking drugs into someone elses country.

if my kids overdosed on some drugs and i found the pusher i'd be tempted to carry out a certain form of punishment

if your kids overdosed on hash they would be pretty special

the arabian peninsula, respectively the area now known as al-Mamlaka al-Arabiya as-Sa'udia, was never ruled as a whole in all history until Abdul-Aziz bin-Abdul-Rahman al-Saud conquered most of the areas and married a bunch of daughters of the remaining tribal chiefs.

Wrong. The people were certainly part of the greater islamic empire as the entire region either gave tribute or was ruled through tribal proxies by the Abbasid caliphate. The territory that is modern day Saudi Arabia consisted of various small territorial arabian tribes, malmuks, egyptians, and (earlier) crusader territories. Nearly all of them (with the exception of maybe a few short lived crusader kingdoms) were subject to the rule of the caliphate. When the mongols conquered the caliphate the interspersed tribes immediately switched tribute to the new rulers or they were subject to Mongol annhilation. That's how it went in those days, it doesn't matter if the actual "territory" wasn't taken. The only ones who managed to challenge Mongol rule were the Mamluks and that is well documented.

Edited by wintermute

The articles originally posted only indicated the two Thais were executed for smuggling in a large amount of hashish. That conjours up the idea of perhaps several klos of hash, but is silent on how much the "large amount" actually was. Seems to be a rather vague description. Would they have been executed if the amount had been a few grams? Or given a long jail sentence then deported?

If the Thais departed from Thailand, how did they manage to get the hash past baggage or parcel inspection? Seems X-rays would've shown something odd.

Regardless, whether or not the beheadings were just or not, it seems the two Thais took a chance, made the wrong decision and paid the ultimate price. WHatever amount of money they thought they might have made is hardly worth the end result they received.

Edited by AmeriThai

do you have any reference to any reprt about that or any other westerner who has been executed in saudi arabia?

there was a scotsman sentenced to death by public crucifixion in 2003 for allegedly being involved in a bomb plot , but he was eventually freed.

Sandy Mitchell - http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=10...mp;id=987592003

As Dr Naam said "Strict media and other kind of censorship is suppressing these "undesirable" facts." Few Westerners living in Jeddah are unaware of the pork butcher there. Not many living in the DKD area know about the drying out clinic there. People know about Helen Smith's murder but lips are sealed. Just because events are not reported in the press does not mean that they did not happen.

no such thing like crucifying exists in Saudi Arabia except perhaps in the rainbow press. unfortunately no public references available. all my knowledge is based on what my saudi friends have told me. also no way to verify but why would they tell me some stupid stories? because they are lying, cheating and dirty "Ayrabs"?

during my time in Saudi Arabia i only know of one single case for sure in Jeddah. an american maintenance engineer working for Saudia was executed for molesting an 11year old yemeni girl (the daughter of his houseboy). my wife knew his wife because both were members of a ladies expatriat association.

Sandy Mitchell - http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=10...mp;id=987592003

As Dr Naam said "Strict media and other kind of censorship is suppressing these "undesirable" facts." Few Westerners living in Jeddah are unaware of the pork butcher there. Not many living in the DKD area know about the drying out clinic there. People know about Helen Smith's murder but lips are sealed. Just because events are not reported in the press does not mean that they did not happen.

usually we had our pork chops, pork sausage and ham supplied from the commissary of Aramco, Dhahran. quite tasty!

:o

does any Jeddawi remember the parking lot near Caravan Shopping where one could buy excellent "Sadiqi" for about 40 riyals per ½ gallon? at nightfall one had to blink with the headlights three times. the chap also delivered Johnnie Walker red label at fluctuating fair prices seasonally depending. but his prices for something special like a bottle of french cognac were outrageous.