Chiang Mai Residency Certificate

Any agent can do it for 1K baht incl. visa shop opposite which is owned by the immi boss. That is why they told you it otherwise takes weeks. Old news. Takes one day max. in that case and you can request multiple at once too ????

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

Whenever I needed one, I have always used an agent. As immigration has always told me it takes 30 days or more. I don't like to wait, so I pay an agent and get it in 24 to 48 hours. I guess you can say you are paying for the convenience. So I guess the question is, how bad & fast do you want it? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Up to you to not get it anytime soon then ???? Guess you are new in Thailand hehe.

Hehe, no I am not, and it only takes a week to get one from the consulate. I did not mind too much when they charged 500 out at promenade but I am not his father, not getting 1000 for something that should be free.

1 hour ago, Brick Top said:

At Phuket immigration it takes around 5 to 10 minutes and it's a free service .

Chiang Mai immigration is very "unique" with very unique IOs. It is like a box of chocolate every year I go for my extension. I really don't know how I will be surprised. Isn't it amazing?!!!

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

If your staying---why not look at the other option....Yellow Book---& your never need a Residency Certificate again, and that took me 45 minutes 14 years ago.

I would cept I don't want to own anything here, lol. Renting is the way to go for me.

11 hours ago, suave said:

Don't you?

No to own property--- The Blue book is issued to a land owner , this should be a Thai national. Non Thai-Condo owners do not usually get a blue book (but so many variations in different area's & governments dept here) because they don't own the block of land it sits on they own a fraction (Number of condo's divided by fraction of land) That is why all non Thai's together cannot own more then 49% of a condo block, because they would then own the land it sits on.

Thailand is all about land--not buildings.

The owner of the Blue Book can then place any number of people who are living with him, or renting that property from him into his blue book. You then can be issued a yellow book as a resident.

In reality to get my first Yellow book in Pattaya the landlord just signed a statement that I was the primary renter of that property. When I moved to Issan met my wife who owned properties so she did include my in one of her blue books.

It made everything very simple when I was single pattaya.....could sign up for internet/D/L/ mobile phone account -not pay as you go/ License/Bank accounts/credit cards/ buying a car, etc etc- even opened a safety deposit box for a friend at same bank-who they wouldn't do it for. I know a lot of these things still can be done without a yellow book, but it just seems that it is tightening up---the Driving license--when I came here in the late 90s, no one question you about it, they just renewed it on the date.....last week for renewal, photo copies of Passport/Visa --and yellow book...or don't have, go and get a letter of residence. The yearly Visa usually wanted a map of where I live---told me not to bother if I was showing a yellow book for the property.

For the amount of time it took---and its just a once off thing, no renewal---i think it is well worth it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

No to own property--- The Blue book is issued to a land owner , this should be a Thai national. Non Thai-Condo owners do not usually get a blue book (but so many variations in different area's & governments dept here) because they don't own the block of land it sits on they own a fraction (Number of condo's divided by fraction of land) That is why all non Thai's together cannot own more then 49% of a condo block, because they would then own the land it sits on.

Thailand is all about land--not buildings.

The owner of the Blue Book can then place any number of people who are living with him, or renting that property from him into his blue book. You then can be issued a yellow book as a resident.

In reality to get my first Yellow book in Pattaya the landlord just signed a statement that I was the primary renter of that property. When I moved to Issan met my wife who owned properties so she did include my in one of her blue books.

It made everything very simple when I was single pattaya.....could sign up for internet/D/L/ mobile phone account -not pay as you go/ License/Bank accounts/credit cards/ buying a car, etc etc- even opened a safety deposit box for a friend at same bank-who they wouldn't do it for. I know a lot of these things still can be done without a yellow book, but it just seems that it is tightening up---the Driving license--when I came here in the late 90s, no one question you about it, they just renewed it on the date.....last week for renewal, photo copies of Passport/Visa --and yellow book...or don't have, go and get a letter of residence. The yearly Visa usually wanted a map of where I live---told me not to bother if I was showing a yellow book for the property.

For the amount of time it took---and its just a once off thing, no renewal---i think it is well worth it.

Sounds good! But I was looking up what needs to be done and doubt my condo owner would want to do it.

No..Some are shy because they think it might affect the tax.........(which their usually not paying) ---maybe keep in mind for the future when you do relocate. Also on your next rental before you take it is a good time to tell the owner you would like to put in for a Y.B..................................????

• Like 2