Re-entry Permit At Maesai Border

Hello, i done some reading on the re-entry permit and i understad that i need to fill in the TM form and bring along a passportsized photo,

i am on a Tourist Visa and after 2weeks here, i need to pop over to tachilek to settle somethings for a few days, and i do nnot wish to waste my thai visa.

is it obtainable at the borders or maesai or should i go to survarnabhumi airport to get it before going to maesai??

please advise.. thanks

I am not sure that the border post will want to be bothered.

If there an immigration office in town, they will issue the re-entry permit.

hi astral, do u mean that i should pop into the immigration office @ sathorn to get the re-entry permit 1st before i proceed to Maesai???

I am not sure that the border post will want to be bothered.

If there an immigration office in town, they will issue the re-entry permit.

hi astral, do u mean that i should pop into the immigration office @ sathorn to get the re-entry permit 1st before i proceed to Maesai???

The border points do not issue re-entry permits.

You either need to get a re-entry permit near where you live or if you have time and there is one at an immigration office near the border.

I believe there is an office in the town of Maesai but better check on location/opening times

there is indeed an Immigration office in Mae Sai, northernmost Thailand. It's 1 Km back from the border on the west side of the hwy, very near a concrete overpass. Perhaps not surprisingly, Mae Sai Imm officials are very subjective. If you show up alone, and there's any 'gray area' on your visa request, they'll lean to a decision that bolloxes up the foreigner's plans.

If, however, you show up dressed smartly, speak Thai, act like a used car salesman on speed, then you'll get more useful solutions. For optimum service, show up with respectible looking Thai man or, better yet, a glamorous Thai woman with lots of jewelry - then you're sure to get as good a deal as possible. They don't speak English there, and other than a cursory initial glance at the farang, they'll focus all their attention, questions, concerns toward the Asian person in attendance.

If anyone has ever wondered where the thousands of gov't workers go when they get 'transeferred to an inactive post' ...it's places like Mae Sai border.

there is indeed an Immigration office in Mae Sai, northernmost Thailand. It's 1 Km back from the border on the west side of the hwy, very near a concrete overpass. Perhaps not surprisingly, Mae Sai Imm officials are very subjective. If you show up alone, and there's any 'gray area' on your visa request, they'll lean to a decision that bolloxes up the foreigner's plans.

If, however, you show up dressed smartly, speak Thai, act like a used car salesman on speed, then you'll get more useful solutions. For optimum service, show up with respectible looking Thai man or, better yet, a glamorous Thai woman with lots of jewelry - then you're sure to get as good a deal as possible. They don't speak English there, and other than a cursory initial glance at the farang, they'll focus all their attention, questions, concerns toward the Asian person in attendance.

If anyone has ever wondered where the thousands of gov't workers go when they get 'transeferred to an inactive post' ...it's places like Mae Sai border.

I beg to disagree. I went to Mae Sai immigration a few months ago and found them to be very polite and helpful. The guy who dealt with me (I think he was the head man) spoke good English and seemed keen to have a conversation with me to practice. I was only extending a tourist visa but no problems at all.

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH

Thanks SOAP for your post ....that was so help full and informative.

OH what luck! decided to pop by the immigration bureau today (10 may) and it has to be closed today!

i called them early tis morning, had a bad feeling when no one answered the phone, true enough :o

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH

Thanks SOAP for your post ....that was so help full and informative.

well what more do you want me to say.

mr brahmburger has a vendetta against the mae sai immigration office,if you looked at earlier posts before last month when you joined thai visa you would have known about his vendetta.

has i have said before i have been getting a one year marriage visa from mae sai for over 15 years.

i dont speak thai, i allways go in a shirt (no tie) shorts,i certainly dont act life a used car salesman,and with regard to speed,well if the cap fits mr brahmburger should wear it,my wife hardly ever wears jewelry,and over the years i have had many conversations with police captain tangkaew who speaks perfect english and mr dorn on the desk with whose english i have never had a problem understanding.

i have allways been treated the same as the next person,and have allways found the officals very polite and helpful

so you can rest assured when mr brahmburger and mae sai imm ofice go hand in hand.

so does rubbish

Enough abuse of Mae Sai immigration officers and other posters,

unless you want a week's holiday from TV?

Please keep to the topic which is Re-entry permits at Mae Sai.

Astral