Minaya's Birth At Bumrungrad!

Shola

Hi All,

Well I'm a mummy! :D Minaya Kunnawat arrived by cesarean on the 2nd of May at 4.35pm weighing 2.99 Kilo's!

I initially started having pains on the previous Friday morning but thought it was Braxton Hicks, after 48 hours I popped to docs who say I was at 3cm and should go into labor any moment, but by my regular appointment on the tuesday, nothing, and I was still in pain, he suggested coming in on the Wednesday to be induced and boost my contractions, so at 7am Wednesday I went in and was hooked up to IV and monotor, the doc broke my waters and said I should progress at 1cm per hour, however 2 epidurals and 7 hours later no progress! :D The only option was a cesarean so we went for that, not a bad experience she was out and crying in less than 10 minutes, hubby was garbed up and at my side, I had a quick look at her and they snapped a pic while I was still on the table and whisked her away, putting me back together was another story, took 25 mins and was v painfull :D , they offered to put me to sleep but I wanted to be awake.

All in all the staff and doc were fantastic, very friendly and reasurring, I was quite scared on the table and the assisting doc was great. They kept Minaya for 3 hours as she had some fluid on her chest and I was in recovery for 2, that sucked as I was so anxious to see her.

The maternity unit was great too, I had 24hr rooming in breast feeding only, the nursery staff were always there to help me as I tried to feed her which btw didn't go too well at first but they spent time with me getting her to feed. Only complaint is that it'll take you half hour to get a bloody paracetamol or anything else once you buzz and ask, I brought my own in as I have previouse experience there!

Even though I went for natural+epidural package hey swapped it for the C-section one and everything came to B64.000, original price B61,900 but there were a few add ons like breast shields and meds but nothing too major.

So defo recommend B'grad and Dr Nopadol :D

I have posted a few pics of her HERE none of me as I look wierd and puffy at the mo! :o

OK thats just about my quota of free time up!

Any mums with any advice please post, I am a bit all over the place at the mo!

Love Shola, Nut and Minaya (Minnie),

XXX

Congratulations. My only piece of advice would be to get her into a routine as soon as possible. I really would recommend the contented little baby by Gina Ford, don't slavishly follow it - but do take note of her routines. It worked like a charm for us. Another piece of advice would be not to wish her life away. When our first was born I wished she would smile, then I wished she would roll over, then I wished she would sit up, then crawl................one we had reached that stage I wished she would stay where I had put her. Honestly, this time next year you'll wonder where the time has gone.

Again, many congratulations

Leisurely :bah::o:D:o:D:D:D:bah:

Congratulations Shola, baby looks lovely. Glad to hear things turned out well. Don't stress, you'll be fine. And I am sure you look beautiful, puffy face and all :o