Know Of Any Cheap Bali Packages?

tgf7

I AM LOOKING FOR A TRAVEL AGANCY THAT SELLS LOW COST PACKAGES TO BALI (AIRFARE AND HOTEL) FROM BANGKOK.

I KNOW THAT THEY SOMETIMES HAVE ADS IN THE SUNDAY POST. I AM NOT LIVING IN THAILAND ANYMORE SO THE PAPERS ARE HARD TO GET.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?????

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from my 4th trip to Bali from Thailand. It isn't really a cheap place to fly. However I am starting from Chiang Mai. Usually I always went on Singapore Air before, on internet deals. Thai Air was always more. However, this last time I went Air Asia, through Kuala Lumpur but had to stay one night there on the way back. But it was still a very good savings and Air Asia has a new hotel called "Tune Hotel" where I stayed for an amazing 12 USD! They also have buses from the airport because it is very far from the city and a taxi will be expensive. Nice, luxury buses, if that isn't an oxymoron, that cost about $3 I think each way and take you to the center of the city.

I don't know what the schedule is if want to go from BKK, maybe better and you won't have to stay over.

When I have looked at packages before, they seem to be a ripoff ... only because after you deduct the known airfare, you can see that they are charging 300% more for the hotel than what you would be able to get on your own.

If you want hotel or other suggestions, please PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done research on this... Bangkok/Bali is expensive. Cheapest airfare is Air Asia, buying TWO tickets: one Bangkok/Kuala Lumpur/Bangkok, and another Kuala Lumpur/Bali/Kuala Lumpur. Total air cost should be between $250 to $300. You might have luck with Garuda, via a travel agent, but I doubt it. Garuda, however, is generous with free stopovers. You used to be able to stop in both Jakarta and Singapore. Now I think they only go via Jakarta to Bangkok.

Kuta is too crowded for my tastes, I would try Sanur beach area, some nice places over there. The Melia Nusa Dua used to have some great web specials that were hard to beat.

Air Asia's website may have hotels for Bali, usually a good deal with them.